Eternal Lands Official Forums
Umrion

Particle Systems Update

On an intel, there is the same effect...  ;)

Thanks for your post - descriptive posts like this really help! I especially like it when you tell exactly what the problem is.

Or not.. Same effect as what? The problem duran had was because not all files were installed; it had nothing to do with hardware. :)

... If you want, I'll be more descriptive. I'll Even post my Windows boot-log and my FC1 dmesg.

Duran said " thanks wink.gif

hit the f8 some time and cant say i can tell the diff..."

Because you told him "Are you using point sprites? Try turning them off if you are (F8 toggles, or you can edit the ini file - #use_point_particles) and tell me if it makes any difference.

I'd also need more info about your system and maybe you could post your error_log.txt..."

Because he said "looks cool, but on my nvidia board the dots became very small! more like a collections of small insects or something smile.gif

hang on, didnt have the latest cvs. will post more when its compiled...

no change sad.gif"

And yes, i chose not to use quotes so as to distress you :P

3. We need a "reset" button to reset to the defaults.

I didn't add that, because I didn't think that the defaults were very useful. I can add one in a few minutes, though :)

4. The 'progress bar' doesn't move, and can't be dragged either.

The particle edit window doesn't have a progress bar :ph34r:

I think you're talking about the color settings - below where you set min and max RGBA, two squares are shown with the colors. I guess it's not really obvious what they do. :P

5. The update is too slow, can't really see how the particle would really look like.

I'll take a look at that as soon as possible. I'm quite sure it's the timer code, so it should just be a matter of copying the timer code from the client.

crusadingknight: I have a hard time telling if you're serious or not. It's not funny either way.

I suggested that duran should try disabling point sprites, just in case there was a bug in that part of the code. It did turn out that duran's problems were because of missing textures and not related to point sprites.

If everything works as it is supposed, point sprites and textured quads look nearly identical. This I said in the post that you neglected to quote (the one between the one were duran says he can't tell the difference and the one where you report "the same effect" on an intel.)

If you really are serious, then I suggest you read all the posts (you skipped one of duran's too) and consider what is said. Then, when you do make a post, you should tell what the problem is.

If the problem is that the dots look really small, then you probably haven't installed the textures.

If the "problem" is that toggling point particles with F8 doesn't seem to make a difference... Well, I shouldn't have to explain that again.

If it is something else, then you should tell me that.

For get it....it was actually a stupid problem caused by 3 days of insommnia and using an unstable windows cvs client...nvm at all..

Now that I've slept I see what it was...and that my explanations on here were not funny and vague... :(

(Detail - I somehow screwed up compile options and versions)

Anyway, it looks great, I added a fire for myself on IP campfire too :(

5. The update is too slow, can't really see how the particle would really look like.

I'll take a look at that as soon as possible. I'm quite sure it's the timer code, so it should just be a matter of copying the timer code from the client.

I made an update to CVS that fixes this. The animation timer is now more similar to the one in the client.

Now time for sleep. :mellow:

Hrm, this has probably been fixed in the current cvs, but it won't load the icons propoerly for me, so just to be sure...has this been fixed? :

meep2.PNG

(The fire disappeared on camera rotation).