Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
waldi

Smilies Patch

I think adding diactrics to font.bmp for most common languages would be sufficient. ;-)

Regards.

What I did:

I draw the danish + german chars in font.bmp in the same style as the other chars. Then I cropped it so I only had the new chars, and sent the resulting file to Entropy along with the codes for the chars in latin1, official names of the chars and such.

Entropy: is it possible to add Latin2 chars along with the latin1 ones? I assume it won't be a problem as long as we have less than 256 chars in total, but what do we do when we cross that limit?

Hmz, no idea. I see that some diactrics are already added there. If someone can explain me how does it

works it would be nice. I think for example Romanian Windoze and Linux are using different encoding

as well, same Polish, German etc.

Regards.

We are using a hack to add those characters, and that hack works only using a certain char set (forgot which one). Other char sets have different characters mapped on the same ascii values, so it won't work.

Where are ascii values used? AFAIK, you invented your own char set for the game, so once the keypress is converted to that char set, I don't see the problem.

Knowing which key was pressed might be a problem, but SDL does support 16-bit unicode, which can be converted client-side to the game charset. I never tried it though, so I don't know how good it works.

The problem is not only with the key presses, it's also with the pasted text.

That could be fixed later... 98% of the text is typed, pasting is used mostly for URL's (which don't contain "funny" letters anyway), and spamming.