Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wytter

Pm Log Patch

What about sending a guild message that I'm afk?

How about this: Once I'm in afk status, the first time I receive a "GM from" message I send a "#gm I'm afk" or "#gm <my afk message>". This way, people who aren't in a guild won't try too send teh #gm message and people in a guild with too low a rank to send #gm only attempt it once.

Or instead of waiting to receive a "GM from" message just check for a guild tag and if present, attempt the "#gm afk" command. This option has the disadvantage that you may be talking to nobody if no-one else from your guild is online at the time whereas the other option is triggered by a guildmate sending a #gm message.

teh banned 0n3na:

Try this in console.c:

414c414
<                                       if(input_text_lenght>5) strcpy(afk_message,text_loc+4);
---
>                                       if(strlen(text_loc+4)) strcpy(afk_message,text_loc+4);

That should fix the error you're experiencing :D

Puntif - don't think that the guild message would be a good idea.. At least my guild rarely uses the guild messages, as we prefer having an open chat. It would become an annoyance at least in my guild, hence I will not add that behaviour ;-)

Argggh, Puntif!

Dont even think about sending a #gm when youre afk.

Think how often this will happen with a timeout of 1 or 2 minutes. Try to walk WS map and youre going with this timeouts afk.

On the other hand if you increase the timeout and the client is going afk after, lets say, 20 minutes, you will loose all PMs which came to you in this 20 minutes....

So i think, its wise to choose a timeout for the AFK patch which is like 1-3 minutes and DO NOT send a #gm every time this timeout occurs.

Because this will really cause spamming with #gm's.

Piper