Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
goatsgomoo

Bone Weapons!

yeah thats true and whats 1337 ive always wandered that <_<

1337. Originally used by hackers to avoid simple net searches that would turn up, for example, "I am an elite hacker".

Instead hackers would say "1 4|\/| 4|\| 31337 |-|4x0|2".

"31337" was later shortened to "1337".

Now 1337 used mainly by the gaming community (also in chatrooms) to mean an especially skilled player.

1. 7|-|3 |=|31 15 93771|\|9 (|053 70 7|-|15 31337 0p3|24710|\|!

2. im s0 1337 taht i pwn ur @ss n00b!

yeah thats true and whats 1337 ive always wandered that  <_<

1337. Originally used by hackers to avoid simple net searches that would turn up, for example, "I am an elite hacker".

Now 1337 used mainly by the gaming community (also in chatrooms) to mean an especially skilled player.

i didnt get a word of that... does that mean im... un1337? <_<

...ya ^_^

...ya ^_^

cheap :blink:

*runs to teh banned 0n3na* :huh:

falco 1337 means elite so when he said ya he was complimenting u...

falco 1337 means elite so when he said ya he was complimenting u...

-_-

Goats...the U.S. government (not under the bush admin.) spent 1 million dollars on an outhouse in one of our national parks, why give them more $. Also, when people have more money to spend they spent it...duh, so more money goes into buisnesses, and more money is invest; hence, the economy is stimulated :o

BONE RANGED WEAPONRY!

ok first off my list i would live to put a Bone Boomerang, a Bone Crossbow and a Bone Bow and arow.

Bone Boomerang:

dmage 1-4

range 2-3

critical hit 2

items needed

3bones

4 thread

1 needle

manu lvl 2

Bone Crossbow

dmge 3-6

range 4-5

critical hit 3

ammo

BONES

items needed

5 bones

6 thread

1 leather

1 needle

manu lvl 4

Bone Bow and arrow

dmge 2-4

range 3-4

critical hit 2

ammo

BONES

items needed

4 bones

4 thread

1 leather

1 needle

manu lvl 3

:o

Masterlugi: Too many movies when h4x00rz are h4x00r1|\|g Pentagon and FBI using MS Word.

31337 5p33c|-| was always used to make h4x00rz language not underestable for other people

it was offten used in their "white papers" named zins which usually contains illegal informations

for example root passwords for all main TPNET routers/servers (Mwahaha! Viva la Gumisie!).

But, unfortunately because of media and stupid movies now everyone knows how h4x00rz

language is made and they are using it to trolling on various chats and instant messengers.

*sad face*

Regards.

Why apply badass weaponry and armor and then give it crappy stats, if you want some noob armor then you should go get leather; Better yet, make some sort of leaf-armor. Bone weapons such as the bone-xbow in Microsoft's "Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna" ar not some weapon you tote around because it has simple stats, its because it looks BADASS. (exscuse the caps) If anyone with the power to implement these weapons is thinking of doing so, please don't just create them for noobs, make them upgradable or something or various types.

Bone shoes = teh n00bz

Bone boots = teh r0x0rz

Bone vest = bunny gaurd

Bone chain/plate = monster-bashing, license to kill, bloodstained, awe-inspiring, dark fear-striking, piece of equipment.

I have more ideas and comparing examples if anyone is interested.

Love the idea GGM,

~S

Well goats is talking about making armor that isFOR NEWBZ! and should be cheap and be able to break easily cause it was only like 8 gc or so to make....

EDIT: oopz for got teh e...

Well goats is talking about making armor that isFOR NEWBZ! and should be cheap and be able to break easily cause it was only like 8 gc or so to make....

EDIT: oopz for got teh e...

ok, stop killing the english language... USE YOUR S's! and dabil, why would bone armor be badass? i mean, its BONES! what could bones protect you against other than really weak attacks? -_- i think they should only be for newbs...

By the time a newbie figures out they can manufacture things and they find out what items then need to make a bone club they will have already bought a pickaxe. However if you could sell bone powder you'd see a lot less bags sitting around.

By the time a newbie figures out they can manufacture things and they find out what items then need to make a bone club they will have already bought a pickaxe.

True, but what if a tutorial was added in the beginning (optional) and n00bz could make the bone gear. If they skip they tut. oh well, they miss out on their starter gear!! Oh, and the tutorial shouldn't involve running from area to area gathering stupid materials (newbs don't like long distance travel when they first start, especially when ya ask for help and are just made fun of by other players i.e.:

n00b: Where can I find bones?

Cruel Elitist: llolz!!11!!!1 xD

BLAH anyways, make a map where new players can easily find this stuff and make this equipment and also teach them the ropes of the game. If they choose to skip it, oh well, that's their choice.

IMO there needs to be some kinda of place on IP where you can access all the information you would ever need. A library perhaps. OR you could have an NPC guide who tells you to do a task, you complete it, and he tells you to do another, ect ect up until the newb has been de-newbed. That way when someone says, "how do I eat" we can just say, "go talk to Spanky. he eats meat all the time. If it's rat send it back".

www.eternal-lands.com and other help sites have all the info you will ever need

and a ingame encyclopedia should be here soon

I suppose my point is the information really needs to be centralized and the user should without thinking know where to look up the information. Unfortunately with the current interface the in game encyclopedia isn't apparent because of the mystery meat navigation. For it to be effective it should be apparent to the newb that the encyclopedia exists. Perhaps what should happen in the case of making the encyclopedia more prominent is that it should the first thing on your screen when you start the game.

One of my favorite web interfaces was a flash page for Star Breeze game devision. In it a fairy called Daria (or something like that) would come on to the screen, wizz around, and tell you what buttons do what. It was extremely useful and stunning as it had an acual voice over.

Another idea: make the wraith more useful by making it an in game guide. For instance for a certain amount of time depending on what happens it might pop up and tell you what to do. For instance your food level gets too low, the wraith avatar pops up, and a tip about "maybe you should buy some cooked meat from the tavern" comes up.

i kinda like that last idea of yours.

as for the encyclopedia, yea it should be talked about more.

but in the next release of the client i think there will be tooltips for the buttons so that will help a bit ;)

I suppose my point is the information really needs to be centralized and the user should without thinking know where to look up the information. Unfortunately with the current interface the in game encyclopedia isn't apparent because of the mystery meat navigation. For it to be effective it should be apparent to the newb that the encyclopedia exists. Perhaps what should happen in the case of making the encyclopedia more prominent is that it should the first thing on your screen when you start the game.

[cut]

Another idea: make the wraith more useful by making it an in game guide. For instance for a certain amount of time depending on what happens it might pop up and tell you what to do. For instance your food level gets too low, the wraith avatar pops up, and a tip about "maybe you should buy some cooked meat from the tavern" comes up.

Learner made some evil thing for noobz: Everytime you will type #help_me it sends messages to poor

people named Newbie Helpers but also it opens the encyclopedia. ;-D

I HATE THAT! Anyway for noobie it is useful. ;-)

And about Wraith, Roja told that Newbie Helper NPC will be back. So it will serve as guide.

Regards.

[cut]

Learner made some evil thing for noobz: Everytime you will type #help_me it sends messages to poor

people named Newbie Helpers but also it opens the encyclopedia. ;-D

I HATE THAT! Anyway for noobie it is useful. ;-)

And about Wraith, Roja told that Newbie Helper NPC will be back. So it will serve as guide.

Regards.

ooo now i have to go type #help_me 6 or 7.... hundred... times... :) ooh wait.. nevermind -.-' i really dont feel like incouring the wrath of the all-mighty evil and power abusing mod... plat x.x