Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Talzon

Collecting Scalps On Player-kill

Maybe we could have it so a player drops a scalp when killed by another player. It would be called <name>'s Scalp, and can be sold to a Bounty Hunter NPC. Every time a player kills another player, the value of his own scalp will rise. However, if his scalp is collected, and then its value rises, the scalp collected will not rise in value.

I'd hate to see what the item would look like...

:D

XD You don't like the noob-a-nator?

There could be a NPC that would take assassination requests with a reward and high level ppl could go take those 'assignments' and get the reward. I mean the player that requests that assassination would give some constant reward to the NPC lets say 5k or so and the guy that kills the 'wanted' guy would get the reward from the NPC, of course it would have to be added somehow to server side that the NPC would recognize the kill

heh, that could in fact work flexoif combined with the scalp. if a person have a bounty on himhewilldropa scalp on kill, if scalp is turned in to npc one gets the money. this means that one can in theory use the scalp for barther as its the item that gives money, just like tradeing a sword for potions with a diffrent player.

i allso suggested a similar system to entropy about monster drops, instead of haveing the monsters drop readymade items they would drop bounty items (scalp, nose, ear and similar) or valuable stones. this way a fighter isnt self supported with it comes to weapons and armor (he will either buy it of a npc or some other pc). given that these are items in their own right they could be used for barther as anyone that turned a item in to a npc would get the gold value of it in return.

how about a sheriff or similar (dont think wild west, its infact a old title) in say white stone city (its the biggest town after all) that can cash in these monster bounty items and allso allows for the placement of bountys on player characters (the person placeing the bounty naturaly allso pays in the money then and there)...

i dont know what a scalp would be good for. but if the server would count the PKs u made, thatd be fun. And u could call it scalp count if u wnat =D

ROFLMAO =))

if npc wanted my scalp, id let some dude kill me and split teh profit =)

How about theres a sherrrif and a bounty guy. some person gives the bounty guy some money and tells him who the person wants killed. then somebody else killed that person and got the bounty. both the person who put the bounty up AND the killer are both wanted and the person who kills a wanted person gets 1k or something from the sherrif.

A player who has never killed a player would have a scalp value of their overall level. Every time you kill a player, the value of your own scalp could increase by the value of the killed player's scalp. But then two friends could keep killing each other to make themselves worth more, and get money themselves. Here is a suggestion. The NPC who buys scalps could be in the center of White Stone, so it will not be easy to get to it. And also, you will be able to hold one of a player's scalp at a time. This will greatly discourage collection of each other's scalp.

And also, there should be a record of every time you ever killed someone, your level when you killed it, and the killed player's level, just for fun.

ROFLMAO =))

if npc wanted my scalp, id let some dude kill me and split teh profit =)

well, thats the problem of bounty systems in a game where people dont stay dead...