Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leeloo

Preventing bag jumpers (land mines)

But did you think of the possibility of someone just standing over a bag and then emptying their own contents into it? The client doesn't create a new bag on that spot, but just empties into the existing bag, and in this way gives them access to the bag.

I like this idea but like one person said if you have to collect 200 rabbit fur it kinda helps to pick up what people left without haveing the fear of your brains getting blown out of your head :angry:

But did you think of the possibility of someone just standing over a bag and then emptying their own contents into it? The client doesn't create a new bag on that spot, but just empties into the existing bag, and in this way gives them access to the bag.

The bag still gets opened. This is just a server-side implementation detail, something that we need to think of when/if we implement it.

So does summoning. In both cases, the person being killed need to initiate the himself by clicking on the summoned animal/bag.

The difference is with summoning, the player can SEE what they're attacking, so they can be held responsible for their s. With a landmine, they might grab it because they are picking up animal items someone left behind because they wanted them for summoning/manufacturing and the other player was hunting to be hunting.

It is not easy (let alone possible) to stand on top of a bag without opening it...And if they open it...

Guest polkow

I was a noob, ok?

I'm not now, becouse I just hate being a stinky noob, who is just pain in the ass

all I wanted was a little fun TOGETHER with other people

all you need is level up, and the best sword available

and noobs just stands in the way

I tend to collect fox furs from left behind bags, becouse, playing for 3 days, I wasn't able to kill a fox!!!!

(did any of you see a fox on their own eyes? how scarry that creature is? no?)

you're becoming closed circle of self adoration, my opinion

have fun

It is not easy (let alone possible) to stand on top of a bag without opening it...And if they open it...

try right clicking on the bag -_-

I'd also have to disagree with this. Like it was said before. If some one drops somthing that they obviously didn't want, but accidently droped a bomb in there or Purposly droped a bomb on in the bag then a newbie/Noob ends up opening the bag.. well.. let's just say it was a stuipid trick to pull. Lots of people will be pulling tricks like this all over the map causing mahem. And it wouldn't help at all. Like the saying goes. One man's trash is another man's treasure and if they endup getting blown up in the process of having to look for trash, then you'd be pissed as well. Even if the idea was made, the type of spell/skill will have to be very VERY easly learned or else you will see ALOT more people leaving EL for a very stupid reason. The main one being, People pulling pranks on them for a stupid or no reason once so ever. And that can do Heavy damage on EL's behalf as seeing Alot of people enjoy the game and it would be a pitty to see them leave for a stupid reason. :)

How about instead of these kaboom bags , u an make a bag wit h a lock only , u can open , so ppl cannot open it and only u can

also , if u want to have the BOOM bags, only use em at the storages , in that way , scamming and bag hopping is prevented. I don't think dead bags r to be done with the same thing , thats just the risk u take when u fight something u might die ! thats life! Returning a dead bag is still up to the people standing around it.

When you loose alot of stuf yourself to death and ur bag gets stolen and noone pms u to give it back , then u know how much it hurts and ull give back the bag , (unless ur just a cocky scammer ! :))