Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leeloo

Preventing bag jumpers (land mines)

Gun powder: 8 coal + 8 sulphur + 5 fire essences (requirements: 30 alchemy)

Put in in a bag, and leave the bag on the ground.

Someone opens the bag => BOOM, instant -50 health. :twisted:

For extra fun: Fill the remaining inventory slots with gun powder, when going into a PK map, to get a good chance of some of it ending up in your death bag.

Okay I love this idea. But how about you will open your own bag?

*BOOM*?

Regards.

plat, thats why you dont open the bag again :D

but how is the gunpowder gonna explode if its just in a normal bag and somebody opens it?

One time, I was sitting on a bag for a friend, because he was going to fill it with mixable ingredients. (He needed me to watch the bag so it would not be stolen.) When I got off the bag so my friend could put more in it, another person stole a lot of stuff from it. So, if we had surrounded it with landmines instead of sitting on it, I do not think a person would even try to steal.

I hope you mean 50%.

But then, I remember when I was serving a god, I had to collect 150 brown rabbit furs. Looking in the bags around Isla Prima seemed like a good idea. But if someone would be evil enough to put gunpowder around the island... :shock:

One time, I was sitting on a bag for a friend, because he was going to fill it with mixable ingredients. (He needed me to watch the bag so it would not be stolen.) When I got off the bag so my friend could put more in it, another person stole a lot of stuff from it. So, if we had surrounded it with landmines instead of sitting on it, I do not think a person would even try to steal.

The idea is to discourage stealing, because you never know which bags are land mines.

I hope you mean 50%.

No. 50% would never kill someone (unless they had one health point, and we round up). -50 would kill any noob instantly, and most bag jumpers are noob level (why level up, when all you do is stealing?).

Besides, even high levels would not like to lose 50 health points instantly. And they would still think twice before picking up the next bag... Who has over 100 health points?

I do not know, but for people like me [who #reset whenever they level something], that kills me instantly. -(# of Gunpowder)/2 MP sounds good. It will take 100 Gunpowder to do 50 damage then.

I like the idea to prevent bag hopping, bag stealing and such.

But I don't like it to be punished for

* returning bags to those who died

* cleaning up IP or VOTD

And btw, what about the rule pk only on pk maps?

And besides, this has been suggested before :)

I do not know, but for people like me [who #reset whenever they level something], that kills me instantly. -(# of Gunpowder)/2 MP sounds good. It will take 100 Gunpowder to do 50 damage then.

And if you want to put down 10 bags, you would need 1000... Assuming 1 EMU each, how many phys/coord would that require?

Me and ent had talked about this a long time ago. We also thought that mages can have a spell to check if a bag has a bomb in it, and another spell to disarm it.

We also thought of laying traps down, that can even get animals..not sure if it will still happen though.

Like the idea, but this would kil people when they're not even in PK maps.

Also, I think land mines should not be deployable in IP or WSC (the two newbie maps).

Also, I think land mines should not be deployable in IP or WSC (the two newbie maps).

newbies go all over the place. i have seen people in votd and pl who dont know how to talk on the channel

I like the idea of traps and such it would add excitement and fun...but being able to use it to kill newbs and such would just be evil. Like some basterd decides to tell newbs he is giving away free armor or even fruit drops several bags of land mines...*kabaaam* red message city on IP...there would have to be some kind of control over where/when land mines can be placed or something.

So does summoning. In both cases, the person being killed need to initiate the killing himself by clicking on the summoned animal/bag.

what if your friend does it as a prank while making pots for you

Another reason to trade instead of using bags. If people get used to trading, there would be a lot less problems with bag jumpers anyway.

newbies go all over the place. i have seen people in votd and pl who dont know how to talk on the channel

That is true. But I still hate to see defenseless newbs die because they are unawares.

If your overall level is below 10, you are obviously very vulnerable to the bags, unless you got all negative perks and used them to get more MP. So, how about if you are below level 10, the bags knock you back without hurting you?

Unless the suggestion gets improved, I'm fully against it (although I like the idea..).

I see the evil side of the society, thieves and bag hoppers, benefit from this much more (they can lay those bags too, so they'll have even more bags to hop), than that it would stop them from stealing.

Me and ent had talked about this a long time ago. We also thought that mages can have a spell to check if a bag has a bomb in it, and another spell to disarm it.

We also thought of laying traps down, that can even get animals..not sure if it will still happen though.

I agree. There should be some thieving skills like "Check for Trap" (searchs one object if it is a trap or not), and "Pick Lock", and "Steal" (the chance of being arrested is proportional to the cost of the item.), and "Disarm Trap".

But why stop at explosions? Perhaps you could enchant a bag with a curse?