Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sum14u

Idea for harvesting xp...

Good idea?  

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yea :D Pretty good
    • BOOOO!!! DOWN DOWND DOWN!!!!

We all know that, when you dont get xp and youll have to wait for ahour is veery veeery annoyng! :evil:

Now ive got an idea :idea: :idea: :idea:

Everytime when your harvesting xp limit is full you hae to write somekind a code in a box ( they both arrieve to your screen) everytime is a diffirent and radm come :P

Your harvesting xp is full...blablabla....

Then you vill click the button and then appears a window with the random code and the box youll write it!

THAT STOPS MACROING TOO!

No niid to limit xp :P

Yeah and an advance macroer could marcro combat too :cry: so why isnt there xp limit 4 combat?

Leelo my ide is not for better Antimacro but my ide is tha players could enjoy he game without xp limit :roll:

even if we got harvest exp every hour there would be people that would just havest all day and gain like 40 overall levels and that would suck

even if we got harvest exp every hour there would be people that would just havest all day and gain like 40 overall levels and that would suck

Yes but thats our problem that you DONT play all night and day and who DO thats their problem...

Whats bad about that? Ppl want to set their goals to i dont know 100? then let they do that!!! Why not!?

An advanced macroer will just have it look in the packet that gives the client the code, and return it.

Actually it would be quite difficult if the code is embedded in a picture.

I've brought this idea up a few times 2-3 months ago while anti-macroing was heavily discussed. There are definately means of creating a very anti-macroing environment even in a normal game, without being annoying towards players (in-context messages).

Here's the thread where some of my ideas were discussed - others have been discussed in other topics concerning anti-macroing, or via pm.

http://eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4402

An advanced macroer will just have it look in the packet that gives the client the code, and return it.

Actually it would be quite difficult if the code is embedded in a picture.

I've brought this idea up a few times 2-3 months ago while anti-macroing was heavily discussed. There are definately means of creating a very anti-macroing environment even in a normal game, without being annoying towards players (in-context messages).

Here's the thread where some of my ideas were discussed - others have been discussed in other topics concerning anti-macroing, or via pm.

http://eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4402

YEP...If the code is written with pictures... then its hard... Lets take Runescape or www.hotmail.com ect... there are these codes you have to write into box and these are pictures nor letters

EXAMPLE: hip.srf?ns=hotmail.com&int=reg

Refresh the page and youll see that everytime my example changes :cry:

Yes, they will definately require more bandwidth than other things in the game - but then again, how often is the client going to download this? Once an hour? In that case bandwidth should not be a problem.

Besides, I don't think that it should be text in the pictures - I'd prefer pictures, puzzles and perhaps sometimes the client should just be checked with regular questions (text), that won't be embedded in a picture.

Yes but thats our problem that you DONT play all night and day and who DO thats their problem...

Whats bad about that? Ppl want to set their goals to i dont know 100? then let they do that!!! Why not!?

One word- unbalanced.

We'd have to:

1- Change exp per harvest (downgrade) by quite a bit...otherwise harvesting makes everyone uber strong.

2- It's even more annoying than the limit (ever mis-typed something like that? I have :evil: )

So? Thats very good!!!! The limit is not because...people will do theyself super strong...its cause macroing!!!

So Entropy, moonsadow of anyone who count comment my idea, pease do it!

How about the user is just sent a riddle or some kind of puzzle, instead of having to type in a code.

This way, it would take the users quite a bit of time to solve it, and not as much time to harvest until their levels are all-powerful.

Yea, Which one came first, the chicken or the egg?

Answer is simple....Duh..Egg?

No really it would be cool when there is somekid of guestion or puzzle :P

And if ppl dont whant to do the puzzle then they just wait another hour?!

Why not just create an idle bot to message you the code?

Or dictionary definitions...

noun

1. The cardinal number equal to the sum of 1 + 1.

noun

1. The cardinal number equal to the sum of 2 + 1.

Can you identify which words these definitions are of?

:arrow: Answers: two, three <== If your Web browser is decent, you should be able to increase the font size enough to check your answers.

So? Thats very good!!!! The limit is not because...people will do theyself super strong...its cause macroing!!!

So Entropy, moonsadow of anyone who count comment my idea, pease do it!

That's the ORIGINAL idea. It's now much more...

Oh, and one more thing:

Yeah and an advance macroer could marcro combat too  so why isnt there xp limit 4 combat?  

Leelo my ide is not for better Antimacro but my ide is tha players could enjoy he game without xp limit

Ever died harvesting? Or went to the underworld and lost your stuff from picking a snapdragon?

BTW- Marcoing combat isn't hard. It would be easier than combat, but is too risky (obvious+chance to die).

The limit is good.

A) It stops multi click harvesters that us a cheat programme.

:P Most important when I get no more points harvesting it encourages me to explore other aspects of the game.

C) That exploring has made me talk to other people and THAT has made the game for me.

A) It stops multi click harvesters that us a cheat programme.quote]

actually, entropy told me it's ok to use only if you're using it for harvesting and nothing else, and you have to be present at the screen when doing it.

I won't vote cause i say yes and no to the limit. There are many differen't good and bad things about it.

Yea, Which one came first, the chicken or the egg?

Answer is simple....Duh..Egg?

How can egg become before chicken and how a chicken can come before an egg, it was a rhetorical question, duh! ;)