Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
princessarora

logging in

There was a server crash yesterday (Juli 21st), around 9:45 GMT I think.

We're starting with a clean sheet, everybody starts with level 0, after you recreated your character.

OMG!!!!!! Are you serious? I have to make a whole new character and start all over again????? I don't believe it! It took me forever to get the stats i had in harvesting and alchemy and now i have to start over again? What's the point if this is going to continue to happen? So what, I'm going to start over now, get my stats up again just so i have to start over again in 6 months because of another possible crash? If i were paying for this game which thank God i'm not, i would be really really mad! Now i'm just incredibly disappointed, frustrated with this server and definitely upset. What a lousy thing to happen.

All fine and dandy now! Why didn't entropy make back ups from the start? I don't understand. Doesn't entropy appreciate the fact that people really like his game and want to play it? I thought he wanted to create this game in order to market it. With the way he treats the members of this game, he can most probably kiss that dream good bye! I already know several people who will not come back to the game because of what he did. Grant you the fact that maybe the server going down was not his falt however not making backups IS his falt. Doesn't take a genius to know that back ups should be made on a reg. basis. What the hell did i start playing this game for? It's a really crappy deal!

All fine and dandy now! Why didn't entropy make back ups from the start? I don't understand. Doesn't entropy appreciate the fact that .......

STFU. Come over here so I can slap you.

Read the forums once in a while and realise that you're redundant and useless.

pfff freddy on the loose

Ent combinates this accident with what he wanted to do a long time ago (around last server change) -- a complete reset. I guess going through all the trouble (and undoubtedly many more discussions, and a lot of dirt thrown to his head) of restoring a Februari backup would never have been worth it.

What the hell did i start playing this game for? It's a really crappy deal!

Yeah, free just totally sucks! :roll:

What are all people talking about money??

This is a great game, it's fun playing it!

And it's in a way great to start all over again!

(Yep I also miss my old stats, and my multiple k's of bones I had in storage. But shit happened... why should it ruin the fun of the game??)

Personaly i don't mind for once i get a chance to start from square one with Fred_P and this time I am going to be the KING OF HARVESTING !!! :twisted:

Personaly i don't mind for once i get a chance to start from square one with Fred_P and this time I am going to be the KING OF HARVESTING !!!  :twisted:

Pffff, fred has never been, and never will be, the king of harvesting. Except perhaps in his own deluded imagination.