Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
morley II

how el can make more money

instead of asking for donations why not give them something when they donate, eg.

$5 -1k gc

$10 -steel sheild

$15 -5 pickpoints

? im a newb so dont know if this has been suggested

plz dont be rude im only makin a suggestion

The gold and shields won't be convincing to donate because market is smeged up. And if u give pickpoints all rich people would rule EL. And then there's no/less fun in playing cause U'll always lose

There will be a pay-to-play version soon (under development), which will have a lot more items, maps, races, quests, perks, etc. That would most likely be the major source of income for the game in the future.

However, currently there are also certain benefits you can get if you donate. Or rather, you can pay the game developers if you want to do certain things in the game, like change your clothing choice, create a bot, get your custom-designed guild house (not sure about this), etc.

-Lyn-

The sad truth is, we'll never make money from EL. I already gave up my dream of making money with it. It's pretty much impossible for a very small team to compete with the big companies.

sad to hear but understandable...

but the idea above would not work anyways as you would not know if the person is a long time player or a kid with their parents creditcard...

as for the economy being foobar, yes but the real problem is how to fix it without angering the entire community...

Have a 'rooming house' in one of the hotels, where people could rent a room for 5 USD a month. Allow them to store anything they want there, and avoid the 'public storage'.

That would be a good incentive.

Just an idea,

Dumbledore

Would they be able to manu/achem/potion in this area.

Pehaps as an incentive: make them able to store food?

Even so, it's not worth it. We barely have any players in the game. It's more worth it to mind my full time job, and get 7 USD/hour, than waste a lot of tiem implementing p2p features very few would buy, and everyone would bitch about, and cry: "DIScrIMINASION!111!!1!"

i believe uve also said we would never have above 100 players on at once....

Yeah, I was mistaken. However, we need at the very least 1K players at once, to make some limited, say, 500 USD/month.

Besides, it's not only me and Roja working at the game, and I kind of feel bad we take all the money.

So, if you guys got more players going on el, then it would be worth your time to create p2p, more items, quests, etc? I hope i got that right. Well I have brought 2 full time players on and a couple part time players. Why not create a referral program of some kind? As far as rewards or whatnot you guys would have to discuss what is possible. An example is: Refer 100 players who play at least xx hours a week for xx weeks and win xxxxx. You could even create a non tradeable special item(s) just for referral prizes. They don't have to be weapons or amor even. Can be a cape, shirts, pants, etc. Just a thought.

I don't think we need much more advertising. I think we get like 100 newbies each day but most of them just don't stay.

If you want to help el - go help the newbies!

I don't think we need much more advertising. I think we get like 100 newbies each day but most of them just don't stay.  

I do that a lot, also a lot of times as an other character (cqdx, pb4fun)

I think moonshadow's right :D about this one. Many newbs get frustrated and quit early. However, if we help them out, they'll have more fun and stay. I did because i was helped, and have helped people who've decided to continue playing because it's been made easier for them.

~Help the newbs, kill the ants...have a good time

Most of them because either:

1. They can't figure out how to play...we need to get the newb guide done in encyclopedia

2. Can't figure out how to ask for help (Can't figure out how not, myself)

Maybe we need to go back to sticking a NH at the wraith. :roll:

Maybe we need to go back to sticking a NH at the wraith.

sounds like a good idea...anyone who wants to adopt a newb could go to wraith and help those out. I also know that Ember's good at posting help messages on the newb channel. That seems to help, also.

~help the newbs, kill an ant...have fun :twisted:

last time i checked for 50 bucks ent would give you a ingame house thingy and for 100 youd get like a storebot...

id be a nh if i new how to become one

make me a nh damn it X_x that way i could like newb help...

join doom

Indeed i'd subject myself to becoming an NH. I didn't start EL to become a PKer i enjoy helping people, not killing them. I have lots of patience. Although it almost feels like i'm choking since the server's down.

:) :oops: :) :oops: :cry: :oops: :cry:

~Help a newb, kill an ant...have fun :twisted: