Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinoveritas

Mercator on Discord

Mercator is now on Discord in the Server

https://discord.gg/UcDvD5R

he provides there in his own Channel with the  features of informing about things happening in game like Special Days,  Invances etc.

you can also use him to send Messages to players in game by sending the bot a private message of the form.

!tell playername your message

and if you want you can register your chars in game by sending him a private message containing

!register charname

mercator will then send you in game a message with an challenge code that is valid for 24 hours and  you  need to send back to mercator in game as authorization  that mercator sends you tell messages to you in discord. there is no Limit on chars that goes to 1 discord account, but once it set up, the first char registered will be the char name used when messages are send to game. the message has the form.

/mercator tell mercator challangecode

you can remove a char from that list with the command

!remove charname

the idea behind this was that you can use the notification features of Discord on smartphones to be alerted in time on events. if other features are wanted let me know here.

It would be nice to have options that will allow us to get notifications (either private or public) for pear/joker finds, lottery winners and announcements similar to what the android app does.

Edited by shadowgate

I will change the way Mercator works on Discord in the near future,  Basically Mercator will get its own category on  the server where he will post into different channels based on the information he will provide. So far i thought about doing an channel Eternal-land day where he will post the day, and the time in el in a way that is at least halfway accurate (a couple minutes off might be there due to the time shift nature of the game and the way i want to implement it). there will be a thread for pears, one for joker, one for lottery winners one for Invances, one for treasures, and one for the rest of global messages (including invasions).  that way everybody will be able to select the notifications on what he wants to be informed.   and disable the notifications on the stuff they do not care about.

If you can think about other features or suggestion wanted let me know i will see if i can /want to do them