Eternal Lands Official Forums
Bathory

Client thinks I'm not in a particular channel

For some reason the client doesn't think I'm in the 80100 channel; see the attached video. I'm running 1.9.6 on MacOS 11.6.2 with the Use Windowed Chat option set to Old behavior.

When I use @ syntax to send a message to the active channel, the message seemingly disappears into the ether. When I use @@, I get an error message telling me I'm not in the channel (even though I clearly am). I also have a feeling that I'm not seeing other people's messages in that channel either, since it's been dead quiet for weeks even though several 80100 invances happened.

I first noticed this bug back in December right after I updated my client to 1.9.6. Channel 6 was completely silent for hours, which I thought was odd (?). Some time later the issue resolved itself, but I don't remember how. Now I'm encountering this bug for a second time.

channel-bug.mp4

Edited by Bathory

There's a known bug if you try to open a fourth channel: it seems to work, but you won't see any messages in that channel,

and the 4th channel won't appear in the top bar. Are you sure this isn't your case?

(Note: I get an error message when I try to open your video)

13 minutes ago, revi said:

There's a known bug if you try to open a fourth channel: it seems to work, but you won't see any messages in that channel,

and the 4th channel won't appear in the top bar. Are you sure this isn't your case?

(Note: I get an error message when I try to open your video)

Thanks revi, I just confirmed now that it's due to 80100 being the 4th channel. I left another channel and posting in 80100 now works. ? Sorry, wasn't aware this was a known issue.