Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Little_man

OLDER VERSION(plz consider)

Guest Little_man

I personaly like the older version, were things where acually fun, rahter then having all these nexus's, perks, and stuff like that. You had more freedom to do what you like. Things were even worth money back then like now its so hard to get money, and buy stuff. And all the things you need to do one simple thing its crazy! like to harvest gold you need to read like 4 books? and to make potions you need a vegatale nexus and an inorganic to harvest this and that, its just to much, its become less fun every day to play. But there are some good things, like the fighting books i like that cause it help the people with lesser levels, casue i dont play the game for more then like 2 hours a day. bring back some of the older version!

Take away the following

1. so many books

2. nexus's

3. losing things when you fail (mostly vials)

4. the price of objest that you buy from npc'c cause its to high(and make things we sell to them go up)

5. things breaking

6. cold and heat damage

Things to keep

1. fighting books

2. the perks

3. attributes

4. overall levels

you know i was about to donate money before the BIG update then i got home from vaction (they updated it whil i was in vaction) and i updated it then i found out i had to have this and that to make a potion of attack and then i quite playing for about a week then i finally got on again cause i wanted to talk to my freinds and now since its summer its almost the only way to talk to them.

SO thats my suggestion and please consider it!

This is why you made the characters ent_killer, entropy_killer, and runescape_rox? This is what you wanted attention for? Just so you could say that you liked it better the way it was before? You've got to be kidding.

the perks are very fun to fool around with but i hate books they suck....the changes to makeing items doesent matter to me cause i dont bother doing that im LAZY

You mean you want it a faster leveling game without diversity...where everyone levels so fast it's pointless...kinda like runescape :shock: ? lol

It sucks to be able to do everything, what is there to play for if you can do everything you like?

personaly i think that the game is still to loose in its restrictions. i dont like classes by i would like to have a system where you have to choose at times what you want to do, like say if you want to specialize in something or sread your knowhow outwards. this way we get more social interaction as people have to ask other people for help when they want to do stuff...

I think this form of eternal lands is great. The only thing i hate is that everyone is able to make high level items, cause all the levels went to low, this way i can make even serps, i think that is fun but bad for the selling prices of serps and tit chains. Just get the manu levels up that will be much better.

nah, there are none there from what i recall ck. what i was thinking was books and the fact that over time you can learn them all...

I think EL is much better now. It's harder in most respects, but that's what makes it good!

Don't you want a more complicated game? An easy game is no fun, because it becomes limited and predictable after only a few days!

The way EL is now, is perfect! It's much more brainier, giving us gameplayers something fun yet puzzling at the same time.

You gotta love it!

nah, there are none there from what i recall ck. what i was thinking was books and the fact that over time you can learn them all...

That's what I mean...D&D you have #spells in memory, so why not do that in el (rationality*5=#books in memory)...but then we'd need a way to forget a specific book.

hmm, now i see where you are going and i kinda like :)

and removeing a book should not be to hard. just select it in the window of known books, have a small button that says remove and a popup asking if your sure. allso there should be a requirement so that you cant remove a book that have some other book require it.

and i think the formula should rather be rationality/5 or something as i now have 7 rationality and by your formula i should be able to learn 35 books, and there are not that many books out there (from what i recall, i may well be wrong). alltho instead of just haveing a flat 1 for 1 ratio one could say that some books cost more. maybe use some of the same numbers that are used to calculate how long it will take to read the book as then your formula may well be used. this allso forces choice on the player, should he spend his points on getting rationality up and thereby be able to memorize more books or should he increase some other stuff? and choice is good in my view, even more so if it leads to more specialized chars without haveing to introduce classes...