Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
falcon2330

Light World <---> Dark World

well they can, i got ganged by fluffy, 2 cycs and ogre ;) but that was like a one timer and i saw them all together so i went there from my own free will so it wasn't really an 'accident'

we could have a dark el, not just 1 map, a whole continet its alwas dark no storages and super evil npcs that if they sell u stuff its expenisive, and all the monsters have black eyes errm tuma. made a evil dark side dead ip mabye he could show us.

yea like a cave maze the size of WS, maybe enough room for five people to walk side by side, and scattered (with density increasing as you draw near the exit) throughout the maze is all the different types of hostile monsters. when you enter you can get a message like "the door slams and locks behind you ..... good luck."

EDIT: oh and to make it more interesting, monsters ignore mm capes and perks, so if you go in, you dont go alone.

but only way to get from there to back is to have a magic of at least 40, since i doubt ppl with 5 magic would stand a chance agaisnt.... wutever is over there  :roll:
..most of the really high warriors don't have extremely high magic, and the really high level magic users generally aren't extremely high in fighting skills.. so it kinda.. wouldn't work ;

I like the idea of having a darker duplicate of the continent, but that(I think) would require copying all the maps, then relighting them... or if it could be set to always night time?

A dungeon the size of the whitestone map would be great =D filled with undead and creatures of evil sort.. skeletons, zombies, vampires and gargoyles... *thinks* and some things like lizardman or.. something...

yea like a cave maze the size of WS, maybe enough room for five people to walk side by side, and scattered (with density increasing as you draw near the exit) throughout the maze is all the different types of hostile monsters. when you enter you can get a message like "the door slams and locks behind you ..... good luck."

that would be awesome, lets beg mooni until he does it :(

perfect to introduce teh drow..yes drow i want drow, just make elfs dark and have erm from what i've seen red/black hair is the thing for drow give them a double axe mwhaha ok enough blabbing..i want drow :(

forget drow, i want a double axe :)

buy urself a wolf beil, thats stronger than a double axe :D

oh by the way tiras... i've already been able to change all the maps into there darker forms = plus make the taverns look run-down. its really easy.... just real creppy the way i look at things :mrgreen:

yeah el has always look run down you might say... especially votd.

maybe instead of light/dark it could be EL from a different time period.. a sort of before the great war el. the towns like portland could be non existent, or a outpost. and run down cities like votd would once anew become magnificent kingdoms. geographical features could change, and there could be new monsters.

All of this post is a great idea, but maybe it would be best if light/dark or past/present were only p2p.

I, too, like the idea of introducing dragons into the game. Many different items could be manufactured from the killed, like armor, potions, weapons etc. Having it a higher level than fluffy, and spawning randomly in pk maps would be interesting for the ones that lie in wait for unsuspecting characters.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest Doombringer

The dark world sounds good, and to take weapons u need to enchant them, and if u die u stay in the dark world until u escape, like another underworld but harder to escape, like a random map, so you never no the way out or somthing.

PS I want to see some dragons too

Doom

This all sounds very cool.

How about an alternate world where, if you die, your locked in a small prison with other players that have died. You then have to fight your way out of the prison (which is guarded by strong orcs) to get back onto the map.

The idea of it being exactly the same as the normal world, just evil, sounds cool. And of it being EL in the past could be good too.

If this were ever to go ahead, I would be happy to help (stories, quest idea, monsters, etc.)!

:D hmmm ...i dont like that cuz it makes it SOO hard to get out of the cage and stuff..

all teh better to get teh MM perk :D (i could have sworn this topic died out as soon as i saw it down on teh next page :) )

no.. it would be like a unknown land, a huge map like wsc but there would be no map for that place.. all unknown.. and monsters of all sorts, zombies, etc.. the thing would be that you cannot take weapons into the map because there is a curse that mortos put upon that land that forbidded them, so you would have to kill all and anything with magic (when we get better spells this would be a good idea)

How long would it take Fred to make a map of it anyway?

Or you could take all existing monsters/animals and slightly tweak them so they had red eyes and they are all black.(much easier)

for the portal animation you could have a very short "transfer" movie  

in which you are going through a portal (fire and lighting all around you in a tube form very cloudy) and you fly into a black disk (exit of portal) and to make it easier just reverse that animation when leaving dark world.

*not really an animation.. more like a short 5 sec movie*

and for the dark world you could have an EXACT copy of the original EL but it would all be black (BETTER IDEA: have it ALWAYS dark there)

this could create a VERY interesting storyline  (parallel dimensions and such) and could really help el bring in some cash.

Edit: Have the Dark world on a different server than the light el?

That is an awesome idea!

yeah el has always look run down you might say... especially votd.

maybe instead of light/dark it could be EL from a different time period.. a sort of before the great war el. the towns like portland could be non existent, or a outpost. and run down cities like votd would once anew become magnificent kingdoms. geographical features could change, and there could be new monsters.

All of this post is a great idea, but maybe it would be best if light/dark or past/present were only p2p.

That is even better!

This all sounds very cool.

How about an alternate world where, if you die, your locked in a small prison with other players that have died. You then have to fight your way out of the prison (which is guarded by strong orcs) to get back onto the map.

The idea of it being exactly the same as the normal world, just evil, sounds cool. And of it being EL in the past could be good too.

If this were ever to go ahead, I would be happy to help (stories, quest idea, monsters, etc.)!

We have to make sure that to access this alternate world, you must first complete some other mildly difficult quests, and have certain prerequisites for Attack/Defense/Magic. As soon as you enter the alternate world, if you do not have certain things, (Sigils, Essences, etc.) you will be supplied by an NPC at the entrance. If your Attack/Defense/Magic is not high enough, or you have not completed the quests previous to this one, you will be sent back from the alternate world by that same NPC.

That would be sooo awesome...

One last thing: if you absolutely cannot get out of the cage, you can #surrender and all your items will be removed from your inventory except the ones that are already equipped. You will find yourself at the beam spot.

great idea! dragonite ore - red :cry:
Perhaps the ability to enchant weapons and armour, i know the server wont take unique items but possably you could take a gem and some essences and manu them to manufacture a armour with a specific color/stats. for instance....

50 emeralds+5 magic essences+1 hammer+1 titanium chain=Magic Titanium Chain of Warding.

*Immune to spells except ones cast by yourself*

50 ruby+5 death essences+1 hammer+1 titanium chain= Cursed Titanium Chain of Death.

*increases damage by 5 when worn*

50 sapphire+5 water essences+1 hamme+1 titanium chain= Blessed Titanium Chain of Life.

*decreases damage recieved by 5*(cannot be worn with gelitine bones perk)

50 diamond+5 earth essences+1 hammer+1 titanium chain= Glorious Titanium Chain Mail of Skill

*grants +5 defense +5 attack against monsters/animals*

Very Happy i thought hard about these please consider them : ))))

50 dragonite+1 fire essence+1 death essence+1 matter essence+1 earth essence+1 health essence+1 hammer+1 titanium chainmail= Burning Titanium Chainmail of Vengeance.

*50% chance to counterattack when struck*

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: That's the one for me! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: