Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
revi

Minor action point potion

Would there be a use for a potion that gives about 10-20 action points?

The recipe should be fairly cheap, and require only low potion level, but:

every potion made would use up about 1.5x as much action points as it would give back

(so if the potion gives 10 AP, making it would cost 15 AP).

This would give a use for action points to low to mid level players.

Do not see why low level potion level unless it is way to convert action points from low level alts to form higher level players would use.

The cooldown for these potions would need to be very high to prevent use.

I think there is such a use for potion just needs to be carefully considered despite current price war on grapes.

Why would you want an item with a cooldown long enough to prevent use?

And yes, the idea is that low to mid level players can have a use for action points.

The idea is not to replace the current potion (which in effect produces 4000 action points per mix).

With this idea, it would be possible to transfer action points (either from one player to another, or to a later time), at a cost in action points.

If you are afraid of abuse by fighters, make them non-stackable (I don't see why a fighter would use those, if there is the potion that

gives 100 action points, unless rationality is too low to handle 100 points at a time).

Also, high level players probably have a use for their action points (if only to harvest amber), so making this one a high level item would mean it's not going to be used. Same reasoning for the ingredients: if expensive to make, it won't be used, as there is already an important cost in action points.

And I don't see it become a high volume item in any case: I've got 280 action points, which take a few days to rebuild from 0. That means I could produce 18 potions every few days, costing 270 points, and yielding 180 points... Stated in another way; production is limited to 1 pot per player every ~150 min logged-in time (that's with the numbers from my initial post, make them cost more and production will go down)

In any case, one of the tweaking points is the yield vs cost in action points. That should help preventing misuse.