Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Epic Events ranger/mage event

Hey all,

**********OFFICIAL DATE!!! November 2, 2013... time will be 1 PM GMT**********

*************ENTRANCE TO MAP IS IN PORTLAND AT [112,18]... 'USE' THE BOAT**************

We (Orick of **** and marack of ~o~ guild) have been working hard over the last year to bring the game a new fun and exciting events map. Sometime this week there will be a sponsored update bringing this new map into the game. However this update is NOT a client update so you will have to download the new map and save it as it is named in your game map files. DO NOT BOTHER RADU OR ANY MOD ABOUT THIS UPDATE!!!!! if you have any questions you may send me a msg here on the forums and I will answer any of your questions. the file is here https://dl.dropboxus...icevents.elm.gz

In the map you will find an amazingly well done chess board, close to this chess board there is a cave and inside this cave there is a PK last man standing/king of the hill type event arena, in this arena we will be hosting our first ever ranger/mage event!!!

Rules!!!

1. 1 death per person, you may NOT leave the fighting area and return! you drop something during this event then who ever gets it KEEPS it!!! please don't wine about this!

2. If you can do it then it is allowed!!! ALL engineering, ALL ranging, ALL magic items are allowed in this event (PLEASE REVIEW HOW THE MAP WORKS BEFORE DECIDING NOT TO ATTEND THIS EVENT)

3. Last man standing wins 1000 PKing arrows(not bolts) and 2 rosto stones (donation from **** guild)

4. Last but not least, if you are not a FIGHTER in this event do NOT get in the way, do NOT help by healing ANYONE, and don't spam the local area please, we will make a channel that can be used for talking during the event

as of now that is all the rules :) they may change some before the event so come back often to check on them

If we get enough people wanting to go we will divide them into teams depending on there range lvl (not there AP or perks)

Spectators are allowed and there are non PK areas that they can view the the event from. ALL mixing has been turned off threw out the entire map as well as magic in all non PK areas so you will have to walk to leave or use a ring or enter PK area (there is a small rim around the ranger/mage arena that allows for magic)

If there are any mods who would like to come help watch over this event that would be welcome :)

TY

and please if any idea, questions or comments please let me know... I will post a time for the event, it will be this weekend (12th or 13th) thanks :D

Any donations for further events can be given to Astraeus or Orick.

Edited by Orick

a good point was just made :P... the guild map is located in Portland on the docks by the GP/DP boats... the coords are- Portland [112,18]... you must "use" the boat not just stand in it.

When?

"I will post a time for the event, it will be this weekend (12th or 13th) thanks"

Sorry, found it ...

Edited by Devnul

This is really cool Orick although I will not take part in the event, this will be alot of fun to watch :icon13:

alright there was a problem after the map came in and we will not be able to have it fixed till next server update... not sure when that will be

AWESOME!!! the map is working and the new date for the event is set!!! hope to c many people there... if you would like to let me know ahead of time if you are going to be there that would be awesome!!! thanks

I will try to join for the event to help out.

I have made a quick and dirty TAB map, unfortunately photobucket insists on saving it as a png file.

I think the following recipe will get it working, of not, please let me know:

1. Copy the png-file for the TAB map

2. Open the file in Paint or some other image editing software.

3. Save it as a 24 bits BMP file to the eternal lands program file directory in the 'maps' directory:

/Program Files/Eternal Lands/maps/guildmap_epicevents.bmp

This map is not complete and also not very detailed, but should let you walk around using the TAB map or minimap.

If you are using custom maps, you can save it instead to

My Documents/Eternal Lands/updates/1_9_3/maps/guildmap_epicevents.bmp

Make sure the format of the saved file is actually bmp (or dds if you prefer that format).

Enjoy.

p.s. Had a fun time looking around:

Event_cave_zps09334216.png

Edited by Maxine
added picture of event cave

Alright we are setting the time to be 1 PM GMT (1 PM Tennessee USA time zone)

Assuming it is 1 PM GMT, here is a timezoneconverter to figure out your time.

http://www.timeandda.../converter.html

Don't forget to include the day, for most of North America Daylight savings is still in effect, Europe has already adjusted the clocks last weekend.

And thanks for the file conversion :)

Alas, I wont be able to be there most likely. Might hang around on my alt from my phone :P

Edited by Maxine
added last line