Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigmutha

harvest

it would be nice to be able to harvest mercury and ne thing else that harvy sells, and that is the only place to get it at. i was thinking that we could put the mercury in the "place" in tahrji desert b/c most people do not know exsits and it may be hard to find it. please work on that :D

There has been many suggestions 'bout how to harvest/make mercury :-)

yea, am i the only one that misses the ents replies here :roll:

I think Mercury should be alched and not harvested.

Suggested formula:

2 silver ore, 1 matter essence

Leather gloves in your inventory

Recommended Alchemy: 24

Alchemy exp: 80

Food cost: 10

something like put it on an island so u can use the portals room spell and only get ther from the portals room. u know to limit the activity ther. think that is good idea?

One of the great advantages of having mercury as a buyable-only item is so that it helps to remove money from the game and prevent inflation (which was what had happened last time). Likewise, leather is buyable-only for the same reason. If we make mercury available for harvesting, that means a loss of this function.

It won't really matter how hard or how difficult we make access to that mercury be, because it would just be a matter of time before people will be able to harvest it. (Think 3 months down the road...) Therefore, in order to have some control over the economy, it's better for certain items - like mercury, vials, and leather - to be bought from NPCs only. It also serves to make the Antisocial perk actually HAVE some negative consequences... :)

-Lyn-

I think Mercury should be alched and not harvested.

Suggested formula:

2 silver ore, 1 matter essence

Leather gloves in your inventory

Recommended Alchemy: 24  

Alchemy exp: 80  

Food cost: 10

Alched?! Mercury is an element. Dont belive me? do a google image search for "Periodic Table Elements" and then click on the 2nd one. 80 is mercury.

I know goatsgomoo, but as this is a fantasy game.... I suggested alchemy to make it a little less easy to come by than from simple harvesting.

I think you should be able to harvest cinnabar (mercury ore) and alchemically smelt it.

I suppose you could alchemically transmute something else into mercury but I don't like that option.