Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aledezar

New Invance Maps?

So the invances have been a huge hit, obviously. I thought it would be REALLY awesome if there was a variety in the map used in an invance. Of particular interest to me would be an invance in a map like KF (non-PK for invance purpose, obviously), or Morcraven Marsh. Any map with multiple forts to defend would be pretty cool, imho. Also, with maps like this, the entrance to each fort is more than one tile wide (iirc), and thus the opportunity for afk gate keepers is lessened. There are way more locations applicable for an enemy attack, and thus greater team coordination is needed.

The straight-forward idea would be that if a monster invades either fort at the end of a minute, the invance is lost. Pretty simple. Another option would be that for each fort invaded, the team loses half of the exp they earn at the end. Keeping both forts clean gives normal exp, allowing one to be invaded gives 50% of the exp, allowing both causes a loss, and no exp. KF invances could exclude Fort Garisn. A little bit too difficult to defend all entrances :P

What do we think?

i like the idea of more teamwork. besides the bulas and the drags, the 120-200 group has no reason to work as a team and pretty much don't. it was something i was sad to see when i moved out of the 100-120 group where you have to have at least a little teamwork.

Edited by Nova

EL's combat system is to blame for the lack of teamwork rather than the maps.

Although it would be nice to mix up the invance maps :)

I guess the idea wasn't so much that people would have to fight in teams, but that there would be a need for more coordination through the Invance Channels. With more attack points, more gates to guard, some without ranging walls, communication would be key to getting full exp. Also, with a map like KF and that many creatures, it would be impractical for someone to go soloing around the place. People would at least initially need to stick together to avoid being ganged by 9 mobs everywhere they go, until the mobs were cut down to a reasonable amount.