Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreyElf

Farming

I don't know if Radu is the sole creator or developer but assuming there is a team of paid employees/programmers/game writers here's an idea.

1. Sell "land" for players to farm / mine / grow forests / etc.. This generates real money for the game developers' salary.

2. Harvesting from a farm is very slow, hard work (costs food), but involves NO interruptions. Mother Nature may still smite you and you may get injured so players still need to make sure they don't die while harvesting. Life involves risks, eh?

3. Selling raw materials from farms / mines / forests etc. is somewhat profitable.

4. Set up industries as mentioned previously. Possibility of charging real money to join a trade guild associated with an industry? Need to apply, job interview, skill levels, etc. Players earn a wage per item.

I don't know if Radu is the sole creator or developer but assuming there is a team of paid employees/programmers/game writers here's an idea.

:hehe:

@1 Do you mean something like sand box? There is already something similar, you can create your own guild map.

@2 Why not to use harvester medallion somewhere else?

@3 I don’t understand. Aren’t harvesters doing it right now? :confused:

@4 I always escape from real life job to EL fantasy world, are you crazy? Come on! :omg:

well point 2 and 3, its EL with a harvster med on :pickaxe:

well and EL should still be free to play as it is.

if you have lots of $$ and want to spend it here, well

there are ways - and some players use them - to spend $$ for gc :huh:

only my thoughts :)

upsy edit :

if you read carefully the developers section you will find out

all the programmers and mods doing a good job without

beeing paid for...

well, still the tech stuff costs a lot and ofc the owners

want to earn a bit of it too ..

if you want to support them, simply hit donate button or buy from shop :P

Edited by wuffzel

Sorry guys. Newbie got over enthusiastic about this game. Yesterday's 3x Harvesting Day gave me too much time on my hands and I started thinking we can do this ... and this ... and this ... Got carried away. I love this game!! Even made 2 posts. Thank goodness common sense prevailed and it was ONLY 2 posts. Ducking my head back in. Carry on.

Sorry guys. Newbie got over enthusiastic about this game. Yesterday's 3x Harvesting Day gave me too much time on my hands and I started thinking we can do this ... and this ... and this ... Got carried away. I love this game!! Even made 2 posts. Thank goodness common sense prevailed and it was ONLY 2 posts. Ducking my head back in. Carry on.

No need to be sorry. enthusiasm is good. However, this game has it's own spirit with it's own functions. Implementing features you liked in other games won't always fit.

To reply to your first post, the client developers are unpaid volunteers.

Don't worry too much; at least they're original ideas.. who knows what they will make other people think of or lead to.

(within reason anyway, and the more you play the more you will get to know the game and what might or might not fit)

:)