Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreyElf

New Industrial / Sector Mfg Focus

I was reading a very old thread concerning people selling in game gold for real world money. There was also mention of the extreme boredom associated with harvesting. Thirdly I've noticed that many players have little no interest in combat. Here is one suggestion to help solve these problems and diversify the game.

1. Cotton harvesting. Make the EMU for cotton at 0.25 so we can carry much more. In real life cotton is very light but bulky.

2. Spinning Thread. Have a "market area" where cotton is bought and sold at wholesale prices through an NPC. This place also has a "cottage industry area" which offers a little more experience per thread made or offers gc per thread made. Thread can also be bought and sold here at wholesale prices through an NPC.

3. Weaving cloth. The same set up can be done for textiles. An area for making raw cotton cloth offering a bit more experience or for gc. A whole sale market offering the lowest prices.

4. Private Enterprise. Player input and creativity. I have noticed the offer for custom clothing on private sites for real money. Well here's a way to co-opt and tie those elements more closely with the game. A market area for custom content clothing.

5. Limit this industry to only 1 location in-game. Same template can be used to set up an industry for other raw materials. Players can work alone or work with a in-game company (thus earning extra experience or gold coins).

wood products (weapons, furniture, shelter)

wine industry

leather industry

Edited by GreyElf

Thanks Affliction. You're right of course. Yesterday's 3x Harvesting Day gave me too much time on my hands and I started thinking we can do this ... and this ... and this ... Got carried away. I love this game!! Even made 2 posts. Thank goodness common sense prevailed and it was ONLY 2 posts. Ducking my head back in. Carry on.

1. Items either have 0 EMU or 1+ EMU in the game. They can't have 0.25 EMU.

2. We have trade bots that sort of simulate market places.

People can mix whatever they want in almost any storage. Having special industrial places where people can manufacture will break that.