Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BruSu

#list_guild

hi, in our guild list are some "dead" members. When I try to kick them I've been told: "Umm, removing someone from a different guild?

" so I don't care so much about a long memberlist but what I want to know is : can these people still follow the guild messages? or listen to the guild channel?

Would be nice if someone would answer me

They probably did a name change so #list_guild will still list the old names and the new ones if they are still in guild till a cleanup is done. Radu usually does those periodically.

Didn't know that, but I think it raises questions like this:

What happens if someone tries to create a char with one of those names? Will they be prevented from doing so, or if they succeed (as I would expect since the name is available) will the char automatically be in the said guild? It would also be interesting to know the answer Brusu's original question.

...so I don't care so much about a long memberlist but what I want to know is : can these people still follow the guild messages? or listen to the guild channel?

Didn't know that, but I think it raises questions like this:

What happens if someone tries to create a char with one of those names? Will they be prevented from doing so, or if they succeed (as I would expect since the name is available) will the char automatically be in the said guild? It would also be interesting to know the answer Brusu's original question.

...so I don't care so much about a long memberlist but what I want to know is : can these people still follow the guild messages? or listen to the guild channel?

No, they can't see the messages because they actually aren't in the guild. The #list_guild uses a list of names that is used ONLY for #list_guild. The real guild that a character is in that is used for everything is part of the character itself. When Entropy does the guild audit process that fixes #list_guild, he literally deletes all that information from all guilds and rebuilds it be scanning every single character in the syste, (which is why he doesn't do it often).

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this