Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Pithyus

Why was Pithyus and family banned?

Guest Pithyus

I was playing EL with my wife, earlier tonight, when we both received a message that we had been kicked out by Aislinn. It appears that he/she suspected that we were breaking the rules by illegal multiplying. I assure you that we are not breaking ANY rules. There are 5 people in my family and we all play on EL. And YES, We can prove that we are all 5 separate individuals.

Please reinstate our accounts.

Guest Ladyg33k

Earlier this evening, about 3.5 hours ago, my husband and I were kicked from the EL by Aislinn. It seems that this moderator believes that we were illegal multiplaying. I'm not certain what has triggered this other than sharing the same IP because we have Comcast high-speed cable and all connect to the Internet through a shared public IP. This is the typical network setup for anyone on high-speed/shared connections.

Could this please be addressed?

You are going to have to show 3 more kids to account for the number of trading characters. I see some harvest alts too.

And curious it was ladyg33k who asked about the pithyus account ingame and came on to IRC to be told to post here.

Identical tone, style, wording too.

Edit: I merged the second post out of Linux help into this thread.

Guest Ladyg33k

Aislinn,

Yes. I (Ladyg33k - the wife of Pithyus) contacted mods about my husband's medallion because he was just going to let it be. He was just going to suffice with purchasing another, but I've played a number of other MMORPGs and have found that it usually doesn't hurt to contact GMs that can check logs to see if something went awry.

As for the kids, Lady_Aurora belongs to my eldest daughter, Girlg33k belongs to my second daughter, and Kap10 belongs to my son who is the youngest.

Guest Ladyg33k

I'm unaware of a ladygeek account spelled with "e"; I've always spelled mine with 3s.

My eldest had created dzign and attempted to delete it using the #delete_me command. She also created essenceofwater and Morganna (though I'm not sure in what order), then finally settled on Lady_Aurora. She was unhappy with her characters appearances because she was affected by the shadow bug on her netbook. It took a few days to get the settings just right so that she could play.

Dascone and Kap10 both belong to my son. He only wishes to play Kap10 - he didn't want to start over afterall.

Yes, we have read rule 5.

Question for you: Where did your husband go? Did he just post and run? Kind of odd given his impatient tone and attitude, rather identical to yours. Also kind of odd given that according to you, he's the sort to let things be. Of note, only one person from your IP has been here at any given time, as well.

I'm not feeling 2 people here, let alone 5.

And yes, there was a ladygeek too. If you had read rule 5, you would have known all these alts can't be trading.

If you would like to send me a picture with the 5 of you all in front of your computers at the same time, that would be great and I can consider what ones will be unlocked in a month (per policy here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41193 ).

Guest Guest

We are sitting right next to each other. WTF is the point of both of us responding to you? how the hell do you figure that these are alts? they clearly belong to different people. but you are too dense to see that.

Guest Pithyus

I see 10 active characters and 5 claimed people.

I am Pithyus.

My wife is Ladyg33k.

1st Daughter Lady_Aurora

-old Deleted accounts: morganna, dzign, essenceofwater

2nd Daughter Gurlg33k

Son Kap10

-old delted account: dascone

5 users. 5 active (until tonight) accounts.

Guest Ladyg33k

We have 5 computer to play with, 2 are desktops, 2 laptops, and 1 netbook. Since my son doesn't share a bedroom with his sister, it would be impossible to show you all of us on the computers at the same time... not to mention who would take the picture.

I can send a family picture to you, though I think that is one of the strangest requests for an online video game I've EVER heard of. That in and of itself is a violation of privacy... and of ethics.

Perhaps you don't live in the great USA, but here, people are assumed innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt - not the other way around.

As for tone, I've done my best to be as polite as I can be through this. Yes, I'm impatient. I feel that I have been wrongly accused, assumed guilty, and judgment passed on me without any chance to explain anything. Your tone has been haughty, condescending, immature, and rash. You overanalyze things to a fault and assume the world has nothing better to do than lie to you.

I have to agree with Pithyus, we didn't see the point in both of us posting. We're sitting next to each other IRL and can work together for joint posts. However, now he is responding to you too. I guess that you'll use that as justification for locking the thread and banning us from the forums as well?

You don't understand, these accounts are all active. None deleted. You can't delete them, that command doesn't work. And they have all still been active and trading.

As to the ladyg33k post, then don't send a picture.

Guest pithyus

You don't understand, these accounts are all active. None deleted. You can't delete them, that command doesn't work. And they have all still been active and trading.

As to the ladyg33k post, then don't send a picture.

I believe you need to direct your anger either towards the person responsible for fixing that command or the one responsible for updating the help file.

We did our part to remove the old accounts. We were playing the game honest, abiding by all of the rules.

Are you saying that family members can not trade with each other? Because that is NOT in the rules. I DO NOT have an alternate character, neither does my wife. We both have traded (on occasion) with our children, and more often but still uncommon, with each other.

I have no anger. Nor am I the one who started name calling.

Nor is the fact the command is broken something I care about. But you might want to be looking at who is still using these characters because they are still active. By active I mean somebody is logging on and using them.

The rules are that as long as no alts are involved, and nobody is sharing characters, family members can occasionally and reasonably trade. We have many families here who get along quite nicely.

Again, you are claiming 5 people and there are 10 active trading characters. Which part of that is unclear?

Guest pithyus

I have no anger. Nor am I the one who started name calling.

Nor is the fact the command is broken something I care about. But you might want to be looking at who is still using these characters because they are still active.

The rules are that as long as no alts are involved, and nobody is sharing characters, family members can occasionally and reasonably trade. We have many families here who get along quite nicely.

Again, you are claiming 5 people and there are 10 active trading characters. Which part of that is unclear?

the characters are only active because the command is broken. This is something that we had no way of knowing until now. the only 5 characters that should be active are

1. Pithyus - Me

2. Ladyg33k - Wife

3. Lady_aurora

4. Gurlg33k

5. Kap10

I don't see how ANY can be active right now since you have our IP blocked.

Guest Ladyg33k

If you read this entire thread, no one has called you names, but your tone was described by me.

I suppose the characters are active because they can't be deleted. You've stated yourself that the command is broken, and even stated that it is of no concern of yours that it doesn't work.

No part of your post is unclear. You state that we have 10 characters, we can account for 9. Pithyus has outlined whose character belongs to who, and I listed those that we intended to keep because I was foolish enough to believe that the #delete_me command that was alluded to in the Help file actually worked.

This would have been our third weekend playing EL; so I must ask, what criteria you're using to deem an account as "active"?

People are logging on them and using them defines active.

The characters you listed as inactive have still been used this week.

(And ahem, one of you called me dense ;) )

And no, your IP is not banned. What made you think that?

Guest pithyus

People are logging on them and using them defines active.

The characters you listed as inactive have still been used this week.

(And ahem, one of you called me dense ;) )

I called you dense. It is a description, not a name.

What users are trading with each other? I have only traded with my wife and my children. I have no alts. If you have proof that I have an alt, and that I use that alt to advance my character, then show it.

Guest pithyus

And no, your IP is not banned. What made you think that?

we cant log in. if the IP is not blocked, then you have each character blocked?

Guest Ladyg33k

Based on what I know for activity this past week...

I believe that I only corrected my eldest daughter's video issues earlier this week. She didn't like the appearance of Dzign. She wanted a more celestial-type name than Morganna. She tried a baby-name finder after creating EssenceOfWater because she realized the name was stupid. She finally landed at Lady_Aurora. Since the #delete_me command is broken, maybe you can delete the following characters: Dascone, Morganna, EssenceOfWater, and Dzign.

I would not delete the "Ladygeek" account (with "e") since it does not belong to nor has it been used by anyone in this household to the best of my knowledge. (Yes, I asked each of them.)

Kap10 and Dascone shouldn't have been logged on this week; he's been grounded and his computer is locked up.

These accounts should be the only ones that remain active:

1. Pithyus - Husband

2. Ladyg33k - Me

3. Lady_aurora - Daughter

4. Gurlg33k - Daughter

5. Kap10 - Son

I have proof that there are 10 active characters currently being logged on and used including trading.

However you want to slice it, that is 5 too many active trading characters on this IP.

And I repeat, the 5 you are claiming should not be active ARE active. As in used, traded, walked around and somebody was making them be in the game.

(Dascone last logged in on Monday the 19th, just as an fyi). The rest were active all week.

You may need to chat with your daughters then about rule 5 because there was a lot of multi on those accounts alone and those will most definitely need to wait the month. (no alts get unlocked either)

As to pithyus and ladyg33k, they traded a lot with each other and a bunch with all of the other characters, which then traded amongst themselves too. That makes you middlemen (maybe unwittingly) but it does add up to quite a mess.

Ladygeek was the first character created on your IP 19 minutes before Ladyg33k was.

Guest Ladyg33k

We don't want any of the accounts except the five that we've listed here:

1. Pithyus

2. Ladyg33k

3. Lady_aurora

4. Gurlg33k

5. Kap10

Please delete the other accounts. If your confident that Ladygeek (with e's) was created by this IP, then please delete it as well. I must ask, was it EVER logged in? You only mention its creation.

I really thought the delete_me commands worked, which is why I allowed the eldest to create other accounts. I could only go by the information provided by the game, and the information was not correct. I have no control over that. The kids just don't need more than one account at a time because it get to be too much to keep up with.

Guest Pithyus

I have proof that there are 10 active characters currently being logged on and used including trading.

However you want to slice it, that is 5 too many active trading characters on this IP.

And I repeat, the 5 you are claiming should not be active ARE active. As in used, traded, walked around and somebody was making them be in the game.

(Dascone last logged in on Monday the 19th, just as an fyi). The rest were active all week.

You may need to chat with your daughters then about rule 5 because there was a lot of multi on those accounts alone and those will most definitely need to wait the month. (no alts get unlocked either)

Ladygeek was the first character created on your IP 19 minutes before Ladyg33k was.

4 of the 5 are active only because they were created then deleted with a broken command. We thought they were deleted. we did not know the command was broken. Yes, the characters were used by the children before we ran the broken #delete_me command. We would not have allowed the children to make new accounts had we known that the help file was incorrect and that the delete command didn't work.

nobody here seems to know anything about the ladygEEk account.

No, they were active because somebody was logged on using them trading with them to other accounts which is illegal. Assuming there are 5 separate people, then only 5 accounts can trade, not 10. And stop saying they were discarded, they were NOT. Nor can they move the stuff from one character to another or use a third party to help them do so.

Unless you tried to kill them off today, they have been continually used and trading as well.

And killing them off doesn't change the fact that at least one person was breaking rule 5.

As I said, if you want 5 unlocked in a month, you need to send me a picture showing you are 5 people who play EL. Or some other acceptable proof that you are 5 people playing EL, which was offered at the beginning of this conversation.

And as it's almost 1am, I am now going to bed, which means I won't be posting for a while, so please no more emails. I do need to eat and sleep sometimes as well, and do not have the game client, email, forums, and messengers up in front of me at the same time (mission control?) 24/7.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.