Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hussam

Suggestion for Global Quest.

First of all, I'm posting this a eternal lands player and as someone who sometimes thinks with his feelings toward the EL community rather than his brains.

The main reason I participate in the Global quest is the group work. It is always great to work with other people and meet new people. But a lot of people don't participate because of the immense amount of work that is needed to harvest the items. This can discourage people from participating. In the end, it is the same group of people who do the harvesting every time.

If I'm not mistaken, we get rewarded for 240 hours (10 real life days). For the small group of us that do this simply for the group work, that is fine. But for others, it might not be worth it.

I am suggesting that we increase the duration of the reward to at least 15 real life days (1.5 times the current duration). This means more people will find it worthwhile to come help and we'll see different faces every time.

I think the reason we have the global quest is the community aspect. I think that having to do this every 10 day real life days is the reason why it's always more or less the same people. Increasing it to 15 days will probably motivate more people to help.

Edited by hussam

I totally agree with that.Maybe this way global quest won't be so tiring and we can have more fun and more people willing to join.After all that's the meaning of "global", isn't it?

The global quest reward was 2 real life weeks at first, but it seems the ppl who didn't bother helping were the first to complain about the lenghth of the reward they didn't feel applied to them. Consequently, radu reduced the time for reward.

But it is still mostly the same ppl who donate their time to gathering the items needed and who donate the pears, grapes or oranges. :hiya:

Ok, I didn't know when I posted that it was intentionally reduced (or that it was bigger once). But I understand now why. Thanks Alddra :)

I personally enjoy the project and I'll gladly help everytime :)

Edited by hussam

Hi there,

I think that a lot of people aren't helping with this because they don't understand how it works or what they could do to help out. A dedicated channel for the global quest or a memorable channel number for it would probably help, also perhaps some global announcements to explain what's going on when the quest needs done.

Also there's probably quite a few people finding the timing of the harv/haul thing unsuitable, perhaps if the NPC announced the next quest details a few days earlier. The NPC would still only accept stuff at the due time, but it would allow people to organise themselves to gather a contribution when they have time.

As for the length of the reward, I think 10 days is fine & I can't see any reason to increase it again.

Edited by Cyrano

Also there's probably quite a few people finding the timing of the harv/haul thing unsuitable, perhaps if the NPC announced the next quest details a few days earlier. The NPC would still only accept stuff at the due time, but it would allow people to organise themselves to gather a contribution when they have time.

I think a list over people who are willing to haul would help a lot.

I use to play a little at the time very few are online, morning European time, and a little late evening.

The last 2 times have I been harvesting some, needed to go because a friend needed help and thought I could haul it later, but the quest were done when I came back.

One of the causes that we have so little participating players is fact that most of the fighters find the global quests/rewards are useless for them.

Well combining something only available from fighting (oranges) with a reward which helps mixers mostly (we consume less food when we make items..

) is probably not going to encourage pure fighters to participate other than raising prices on oranges since there is another market (competition) for it now.

Oranges should ONLY be required if it is going to benefit fighters.

Large amounts of harvestable items, especially high harvest value items, should be required for global quests which will value mixers.

Perhaps NPC will want bones or feathers or scales so fighters can harvest items their way.

I was thinking for a while for another global daily quest but i assume that it will never be input in game

I thought about a global quest that gives more positive level in astro( works even if you have skeptic) like +8 instead of +5 in magic(sorry not sure about the number), or in other skills like tailoring summoning.... .

I know that it would be too great for only donating oranges , so i suggest to make the global quest lasts less days and that you have to donate like 10-15 red dragon helm of life and mana :D ( i heard that there were many in games)

Well it is just a suggestion ( i mean don't yell at me if you don't like it :D)

Hi there,

I think that a lot of people aren't helping with this because they don't understand how it works or what they could do to help out. A dedicated channel for the global quest or a memorable channel number for it would probably help, also perhaps some global announcements to explain what's going on when the quest needs done.

As for the length of the reward, I think 10 days is fine & I can't see any reason to increase it again.

I use to play a little at the time very few are online, morning European time, and a little late evening.

The last 2 times have I been harvesting some, needed to go because a friend needed help and thought I could haul it later, but the quest were done when I came back.

One of the causes that we have so little participating players is fact that most of the fighters find the global quests/rewards are useless for them.

Hi there,

That's the main reasons for Global having always the same players helping.

Regarding Zamirah post, i think that can't be done, because of the time that global always ends. If you type #day before it ends you have an idea of the time it will be the next one.

Most people don't want to help OR DONATE because they feel the rewards worsthless for their type of game specially if they are fighters. (not seeing that they can have their essences, weapons, and other items more quickly with this rewards) It's good for all!! And who does help in this quest loose their time doing their game, loosing possible exp (as some say about the quest). I do it free willingly, because i know is good for me and for all, but i agree with Hussam when he says it's tirering, when always the same people help. It could be A LOT EASIER and FASTER is more people help.

Another thing... In this last update has been implemented a new reward for Global Quest. Let's wait and see?? :D LET'S DO TEAM WORK GUYS!! IT'S SO MUCH FUN!!

Regards,

BlueButterfly

Edited by BlueButterfly