Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Khalai

Potion of heat/cold/radiation protection

So I made my first little batch of these potions and I'm a bit dissapointed. Books are 12,000gc each, ingredients are not exactly supercheap (affordable, obtainable, just not too much expendable), you need some level to mix them and yet they give the exact same protection as fairly easy and foremost cheap spells (10 essences only).

So my suggestion is to either prolong the duration of the effect (from 2 minutes to say 5-15 minutes) or raise the effect and let the effect fade like skill potions (e.g. start with 5/10/15 cold protection with -1/minute wear off).

So I made my first little batch of these potions and I'm a bit dissapointed. Books are 12,000gc each, ingredients are not exactly supercheap (affordable, obtainable, just not too much expendable), you need some level to mix them and yet they give the exact same protection as fairly easy and foremost cheap spells (10 essences only).

Then again, there's the (none-too-low) required Magic level to use those spells...whereas ANYONE can use the potions, once made.

(just a spontaneous, non-reflected thought of mine)

Then again, there's the (none-too-low) required Magic level to use those spells...whereas ANYONE can use the potions, once made.

(just a spontaneous, non-reflected thought of mine)

You are sort of right. But unless you are in combat, there is no problem in trying to cast the spell again and again until you succeed. I just simply don't feel that those potions are worth of book reading and producing at this moment, but instead of simply stop making them, I'd like to see them used more, hence this suggestion.

They don't cost mana, which is precious in combat. They are also lighter than the essences, no?

Fair enough. I was just thinking of using them in cold maps, but they are not suitable for this at the moment. And they seem rather limited for a combat use from my p.o.v., but then again, I'm no PKer at all :)