Eternal Lands Official Forums
wuffzel

kill counter

hmm, i know its not new but...

yesterday i was training on dcw in melines, reset my counter for to know how many xp per chiem..

when i got about 100k def xp i check kill counter and it says 8 dcw, well im quiet shure it had to be 22 or 24 chimes on it...

i restarted my client to see if this would fix it, came back and found the 1st dcw i killed on my counter...

then i killed 3 more and counter still was 1 :o

after i got a feran, dcw counter was working again for short time

was using only s2e sword and only magic was a restore spell, no other player near me, and was normal training, not quest

ok, i know counter not working so well...but only 8 dcw where it had to be over 20 is a bit much i think

Sometimes when I use mirror cape, creatures don't appear on my counters. Any chance you were using a mirror cape as well?

Sometimes when I use mirror cape, creatures don't appear on my counters. Any chance you were using a mirror cape as well?

nope...no cape, no special weapon, no combat magic, no ranging...just pure melee

edit

...was in bethel today, got 6 dcw on counter from 8, then i went to feros cave...no problem there all counting.

hmm, maybe its when the fight takes too long in time, don't know

Edited by wuffzel

The current way the client works out who killed who is pretty primitive. There have been a few schemes to improve this but anything entirely client side is always going to be error prone. However, I have discussed with Radu, the possibility of adding some server support for the counters. Could be we can sort something out for the next release....