Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
McMantis

Glow In The Dark Sword

Glow in in the dark sword?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Glow in in the dark sword?

• Yes, w00t I hope so.
    • No, I am a loser and don't like the Glow In The Dark perk either.

A glow in the dark sword would be a great touch, go dip it in some toxic dump somewhere and viola! What made me think of this is the new glowing weapons Ent wants to add. This might have already been thought of by Ent or Roja though but if it wasn't then this would be great.

Ok, now i think that you would have to do a quest and then have some type the reward be an enchanted sword then you go to a place with lava and and it would hurt them maybe give a burn effect (ie. +10 for 5 seconds ) and might increase if you pay the guy more to add more time to it.

hmmm

goatsgomoo: i will pwn u w/ my radioactive sword!

McMantis: oh really?

goatsgomoo: ya

*goatsgomoo attacks McMantis*

goatsgomoo was killed by his own radioactive sword!

maybe just a poison-tipped sword...

This is sorta getting like the mines thread where people are suggesting all this modern stuff

the mines arent that modern.. there was such thing as gunpowder and general combat tactics way back when

No i kno the mines themselves actually existed in the middle ages, but im talking about the stuff other people are suggesting (blackhawks, M16's, etc, etc) even look at my post in the land mines topic.

This is Fantesy, not Midieval - though the techknowledgy time set is the middle ages, the game isn't restricted to it :) ..I'm not saying add land mines and laser rifles, but still ;p

As for glowing swords.. flaming swords and the like would be nice :D mm.. I want a sword with cold damage ;p it'd be like.. I dunno...icey? xD

Indeed, it would be great if some perks could be adapted to swords or so. Like a manu guy could upgrade a serp to have some basic perk and some really high manu lvl guy could add some of those more advanced perks into swords and it shouldn't have one level to do it. Only a percentage of players good do it. Like the person with best manu level ingame could add nearly all the perks to a sword and so on but those basic perks could have some level like 50 or so to add them into serps. This would bring the fighters to the manu guys and make the profession profitable again. And i have manu 38 and i havn't read a single manu book and i am a fighter so i would have to go see the manu guys myself too!

Indeed, it would be great if some perks could be adapted to swords or so. Like a manu guy could upgrade a serp to have some basic perk and some really high manu lvl guy could add some of those more advanced perks into swords and it shouldn't have one level to do it. Only a percentage of players good do it. Like the person with best manu level ingame could add nearly all the perks to a sword and so on but those basic perks could have some level like 50 or so to add them into serps. This would bring the fighters to the manu guys and make the profession profitable again. And i have manu 38 and i havn't read a single manu book and i am a fighter so i would have to go see the manu guys myself too!

It's an interesting idea, but I think it would be good if you could provide suggestions as to WHAT these perks should be. After all, just the idea by itself isn't worth a lot. It's the details and the game-balancing issues that make it workable. So, suggestions on what kind of perks and their effects would be good, as well as what levels of manu required. The current perks are almost all used up, anyway, and most fighters (I think) would already have them, so you'll need to think of some new ones... You'll also need to explain why this won't upset the game balance. (eg. if the higher-leveled fighters already have all the perks, the perk-swords are pretty useless to them, so newbies would probably end up being the only ones to use them. What's going to happen?)

lyanna, believe me, practically no high level fighter has any perks, only perks they have are negative perks, and there are only 2 cloaks that gives a fighting perk so a sword could be one too. And is there really a reason to detail those perks? Isn't everyone capable on reading them from some post or the EL pages as everyone here can write also? So by using common sense some of those perks could be added to weapons, like instead of a conjurer cloak there would be like a summoners staff or instead of fast regeneration cloak there would be a fast regeneration chain mail or mirror skin chain mail. and for body piercing cloak there could be a body piercing sword or a medallion. I mean it would be a whole lot more intresting to wear simultaneous perks at the same time so it might make the fighting more intresting since it wouldn't be just and only simple calculations but instead it would have various altering factors. And don't get this wrong i thought that this would only result everyone having those perks from equipment and making the wraith's perks totally vain. Every perk shouldn't be in EQ some could be obtained only from wraith or so but basically its a good idea and for now it shouldn't be detailed too much since its the dev team that makes the decission that what they implement and what they don't but as an idea for them so they can take it to a more 'mature' level and think 'bout what perks they'd like to add in weapons/armor/medallion/etc IF they even want to, i'm not even sure 'bout that but i think its a pretty good idea.

Id like a poisened dipped sword like mentioned, that way it takes pressure of serp