Eternal Lands Official Forums
chr0nik

Invoking the achievements window

Is there any time to add an option to disable the achievement window at runtime, maybe a toggle somewhere in the Options or an addition to an existing context menu? Sometimes it's not optimal to have the achievements window display. For instance, I often accidentally click on my character when flee training. I would imagine there might be other times it would be a disadvantage as well - possibly in pk.

Is there any time to add an option to disable the achievement window at runtime, maybe a toggle somewhere in the Options or an addition to an existing context menu? Sometimes it's not optimal to have the achievements window display. For instance, I often accidentally click on my character when flee training. I would imagine there might be other times it would be a disadvantage as well - possibly in pk.

An option would be easy to add but I'm not sure what would be best.

1) No change.

2) On/off option in options window and potentially on the player context menu. (on by default, potentially annoying to toggle back/forth).

3) Require a ctrl + <eye cursor> to activate the window (hard for people to discover).

4) Option to enable need for ctrl + <eye cursor>, probably just in the options window. (my preferred).

There will be other options but not using the <eye cursor> to activate the feature would probably require server and client changes. We should probably take this discussion elsewhere in the forums.....

An option would be easy to add but I'm not sure what would be best.

1) No change.

2) On/off option in options window and potentially on the player context menu. (on by default, potentially annoying to toggle back/forth).

3) Require a ctrl + <eye cursor> to activate the window (hard for people to discover).

4) Option to enable need for ctrl + <eye cursor>, probably just in the options window. (my preferred).

There will be other options but not using the <eye cursor> to activate the feature would probably require server and client changes. We should probably take this discussion elsewhere in the forums.....

Have been thinking some way of not having it by default would be nice, and I like your option 4. By far better than the options I have been thinking off ;)

I like your option 4 as well bluap. It would leave the default behavior for everyone while providing an alternative to solve the problem I mentioned.

OK, I've added a setting to the control tab of the options window. When enabled, you will need to use ctrl+click to open an achievement window.