Eternal Lands Official Forums
chr0nik

Mixing crowns w/o hydro molding knowledge

I have not yet read the hydrogenium molding book yet I am able to mold hydro bars into crowns. Edit: Also noticed I haven't read wolfram molding yet either and wolf bars are also an ingredient in mixing crowns.

Edited by chr0nik

Any chance it was a Scientists #day - No knowledge required today (for harvest, manufacture, alchemy, etc.)?

No, I mixed them November 21. There wasn't a Scientists day at all during the month of November according to el-cel. I'll also have ings for a few more here shortly & will mix them as well.

The book descriptions:

• Hydrogenium Molding allows you to melt Metastable Metallic Hydrogen and convert it to various objects, such as weapons & armors
  • Wolfram Molding allows you to melt the Wolfram and convert it to various objects, such as weapons and armors

My knowledge (the output of #know molding:)

5232807058_230580e7a1.jpg

The day:

5232807060_9fb9e7388e_m.jpg

The mix:

5232807066_4c2a138633.jpg

Crowns are armor so I think the crown books should not be readable until hydro & wolf molding are read (or some other way of including them in the requirements to make crowns.)

I'm not sure I would count crowns as armor? I know they take a head slot, but I think they fall more into the same area as meds

Edited by Robb

I'm not sure I would count crowns as armor? I know they take a head slot, but I think they fall more into the same area as meds

They're in the armor section in storage where meds are in magic. Either way, they are items that require 1 hydro bar & 1 wolfram bar each to mix. :)

Indeed.

It doesn't matter if they're 'armor' or not, or what current game documentation states about their knowledge requirements. The CoL has hydro and wolfram bars in it's recipe, thus logically they'd require hydro and wolfram molding be read.

True I suppose, are there any other items that needs bars to make but no molding knowledge to create? Like the meds?

Edited by Robb

i believe if you buy the bars you only need the knowledge of what you are making because the molding book is to just mold it into bars and the book to make an item is how to mold it into that item.

You need smelting books to make bars and molding books to mold the bars into items.

pl0x read thread b4 reply ok thx

Edited by Korrode

When making an item, you can not need more than 1 knowledge (in this case, CoL Building). The problem is that you can research CoL building without the hydro/wolfram molding. I fixed that now.