Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wizzy

New Ward

Armor or shield that gives protection against rangers is a good idea, but needs to be balanced with a downside (big melee penalties while using it).

IMHO it is the best idea. It will also require tactics, strategy and rangers can still be used on PK with success.

BTW Korrode:

1. Do you know that it is thanks to rangers times of “super tank fighter” on KF are end?

2. I know a bunch of fighters that can take any dragon 1vs1.

3. Why do you bring time factor again and again when we all know that you can have 140 a/d fighter in 1 day. For the right price …

I know many players that cry “I want old EL”, they miss the game when they were untouchable on KF with trained (or bought) 140+ a/d fighter. But times changed, now you need to think, not only have a mutant tank.

One more thing, I totally don’t understand the compliments. If you fight 1vs1 then just ttr to ranger and attack him. If you fight 1vs1+1 (ranger), then ask friend for help (ranger, fighter, harvester whoever can make chances even).

Owwwww YOU still miss 1vs4 “I own you all noobs!!!” fights do you? ….

BTW Korrode:

1. Do you know that it is thanks to rangers times of “super tank fighter” on KF are end?

They also ended the fun epic battles.

Rangers rip down anyone too fast "super tank fighter" or not.

2. I know a bunch of fighters that can take any dragon 1vs1.

So it's fair that a few months training ranging gets a person the same ability?

Also, there's not "a bunch" who can take down the ice dragon 1vs1.

3. Why do you bring time factor again and again when we all know that you can have 140 a/d fighter in 1 day. For the right price …

What's that got to do with anything?

You can have a top 10 ranger for "right price" too... not that anyone buys top 10 ranger, because you don't need to be top 10 to hit most anyone/anything easily.

I know many players that cry “I want old EL”, they miss the game when they were untouchable on KF with trained (or bought) 140+ a/d fighter. But times changed, now you need to think, not only have a mutant tank.

I've never been untouchable in KF, I've never bought a char, I'm still not 140's a/d.

I think you have me confused with someone else :)

One more thing, I totally don’t understand the compliments. If you fight 1vs1 then just ttr to ranger and attack him.

Gee thanks for the PK advice, I never thought of that.

[/sarcasm]

Owwwww YOU still miss 1vs4 “I own you all noobs!!!” fights do you?

I miss fights that didn't end in 3 seconds because some ranger stars firing into the crowd with a 60% chance of going straight through armor and inflicting more dps than a bronze sword could ever hope to.

EDIT:

Oh, but, I guess you have how hugely active KF is as proof that rangers increase the general fun in PK, that's why so many people are doing it, right?

Edited by Korrode

Thank you for quick reply Korrode. I see we are starting a private forum war here (argue). It is not my goal and sorry for provoking it. :)

So may I kindly suggest let’s get back on subject.

I think that special armor (maybe add some missile protection to chainmail, although in real, chainmail wasn’t good protection against arrows) or shield (+missile accuracy BUT -melee defense or -melee accuracy?) should be most balanced solution.

Although I don't consider it the best solution, I certainly think the chainmail armor's stats could use a re-vamp, and would be a decent way to address this.

I don't think severe negs to melee combat stuff needs to be added (like negs to accuracy and what not), just the lower armor bonus in general should suffice, that way you have a choice:

Heavy armor = good damage absorb VS melee, bad damage absorb VS ranging

Chainmails = bad damage absorb VS melee, good damage absorb VS ranging

Also, I know chainmails realistically aren't better VS arrows, but in the spirit of mystical equipment, you could easily imagine a mail of a flexible, smooth, yet stong material preventing arrows from causing mortals blows by sliding the arrow head along the surface and around the curve of the body; still hurting a bit, but not piercing.

Maybe a Mithril torso armor? New item with low graphic workload (looks like chainmail but different, for example sky blue, color)? And like you wrote, high missile armor and low standard armor.

Maybe a Mithril torso armor? New item with low graphic workload (looks like chainmail but different, for example sky blue, color)? And like you wrote, high missile armor and low standard armor.

No need to add new things when we have underused old ones, right? It would at least revive chainmail armour a bit, nowadays, eveyone is wearing full plate armor to kill some frikkin' rabbits...

Edited by Khalai

I think some of you missed a lil chat in ch6 2 days ago.

Radu said he (maybe?) will implement a new item, made by eng skill, that raduces the damage taken by arrows. It will act like the rostos: you receive a hit, the item dissapear.

Possible formula: 1 energy ess + 1 bone powder

Possible lvl recomended: 50 eng

No knowledge needed

Stackable

Effect: reduces the damage taken by arrows in the range 0-100% (average 50%).

:)

lame.

edit:

despite the whole idea being another sink, once again we have the luck factor.

"Effect: reduces the damage taken by arrows in the range 0-100% (average 50%)."

Hows about it just reduces every hit by exactly 50% guaranteed.

Edited by Korrode

Chainmail solution seems most reasonable atm, ward giving AOE bonus to every friendly guild sounds OP and even less realistic than chainmails giving extra AP protection. Ward doesnt add strategy either, just another gc sink. Chainmail with a bit less than half the armor of dragon mail should make it reasonable option against rangers but not OP allaround armor.

-Felkku, tank who only PKs with OP choris who's just a skilless charbuyer and myself i have no idea of PKing whatsoever

EDIT: I also think rang level should have more effect in dmg/AP than pots but that might be hard to do now that everyone has spent 900k on pots(myself included)

Edited by FeLkkU

hmmm, i was thinking a bit over....

well AP is an extra not 'natural' effect, so what about a magic object or ward or armor that just

eliminates the AP ?

would make more sense to me then an object that protects you from bolts/arrows but not from swords

well AP is an extra not 'natural' effect, so what about a magic object or ward or armor that just

eliminates the AP ?

would make more sense to me then an object that protects you from bolts/arrows but not from swords

If someone spends 900K, don't you think he should at least have some reward for this? And not to be countered by some cheap ward?

Not if the system is revamped along with armors. If there is some better relation between chance to hit with arrow and defense, plus armor added, you will need to hit first, in order to get AP effect. If you can't hit, AP should be worthless for you...

eliminates the AP ?

If someone spends 900K, don't you think he should at least have some reward for this? And not to be countered by some cheap ward?

900k is a drop in the bloody bucket

How much do you think the pr0's have invested in hydro nexus and pick points? Considering 1 thermal serp is umm 600-700k, 900k pffft. I dont buy this arugment

God, I am far from pr0 and have about 4million invested so far in nexus (and 20 ap with plans on max someday)

900k is not a lot of money anymore.

I really have tried to put forward a few ideas to make a little balance. I personaly like the chainmail idea the best, as well, "It gives a melee pentely"

Though other ideas are just fine also.

Wiz