Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reiki

Warning message in magic school zones

Guest Reiki

Searched for a similar topic using "pk, magic school" and did not find anything.

Some may see this as a whine, some may see it as a bright idea!

For the simple minds out there:

Make a message appear when going into a pk area in magic schools and magic arena's.

For intelligent individuals:

I propose the idea of adding a warning message to the magic school hence there being none right now to my knowledge.

Since there are warning for pk arena's or before entering into a pk map there should be a warning for the magic schools,

and magic arena's, I believe it is a bit overdue. Those are my thoughts, post away. :o

From the encyclopedia

What are Magic schools for?

Magic schools are places to explore and don't give you double magic experience: some of them though have areas where players can train pvp-magic (casting offensive spells on another player) without the area being PK: note that in such areas the Mana Drain spell won't give experience.

I don't see the problem. People can all read it in the encyclopedia, knowing how schools work seems rather basic game knowledge?

From the encyclopedia

What are Magic schools for?

Magic schools are places to explore and don't give you double magic experience: some of them though have areas where players can train pvp-magic (casting offensive spells on another player) without the area being PK: note that in such areas the Mana Drain spell won't give experience.

I don't see the problem. People can all read it in the encyclopedia, knowing how schools work seems rather basic game knowledge?

Not the whole magic schools are magic training areas, and often it's unclear which areas are.

That's why it would make sense to have a message or a clear visual indicator for where the area starts, so people who want to explore the magic schools don't just walk into one without knowing and get unexpectedly harmed to death in a second.

Most PK areas have warnings before you enter them too, and a magic training area can be just as dangerous.

Agree...

for example how would you know that the posts pool in the TG Magic School Garden is a place where other people can attack you with magic... or the pools in NK... or a secret cave in Melinis... or the essences room in WV... or...