Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cilestiel

Windows 7

I have just installed windows 7 onto my pc, the game was working fine when I was on Vista, but I am having problems now it has been installed.

Problems consist of:

1. Stuck in full screen mode
  2. Resolution stuck in 640x480
  3. textures are wrong
  4. cannot click on ground to moove

after looking at the previous post I have try'd to do what was suggested but there was no posative result.

I typed #gl info I get 'Supported extensions: GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_paletted_texture'

1. stuck in full screen mode.

When I go into the settings menu and try to change it, the screen flickers changes to a window for a split seccond then goes right back to the way it was. I tried to change it in the el config file, but it still starts up in full screen mode.

When I try to change this in the settings men to any other resolution the game crashes, again, same as with the full screen, if I change it in the config file it still starts in the 640x480 mode, (note I do save the config file before starting EL)

3. textures are wrong

Basically looking at the screen the floor is anything from desert to water, Icons sheet to creature, same with my char, I think I have been stone, a penguin and a Flag, If I open the map option I see the game buttons 2 immage. In my equiped boxes I am currently wearing 2 brown capes, a beaver fur, some of the items are right, but most are wrong (note I have not and do not how to change anything with the programming).

4. cannot click on ground to moove

What is said is what is wrong, I click on the floor and I the char does not moove, I can however moove using the map viewer :P so by clicking on the map (which is still the buttonspicture) :P

I have an updated verson of windows 7, and would love to play EL, I have reinstalled it a few times using different settings but alas no luck, can someone please advise, it would be much apreciated

I have just installed windows 7 onto my pc, the game was working fine when I was on Vista, but I am having problems now it has been installed.

1. stuck in full screen mode.

When I go into the settings menu and try to change it, the screen flickers changes to a window for a split seccond then goes right back to the way it was. I tried to change it in the el config file, but it still starts up in full screen mode.

When I try to change this in the settings men to any other resolution the game crashes, again, same as with the full screen, if I change it in the config file it still starts in the 640x480 mode, (note I do save the config file before starting EL)

I had a similar prob.. if you r stuck in full screen with 640x480 its a small screen in the middle of the screen with a large black border?

How i got rid of it was to right click EL icon choose Properties > Compatibility and un check all the options ie compatibility mode, Settings, Privilege lv click apply.

Hope that helps with prob 1 and 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this