Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miiks

Mazes

I got this idea from "More members for eternal lands" -thread. If you are too lazy to read whole post, I'll just say it short way: Single player instance. But I really suggest you to read the whole post before flaming about how stupid idea this is.

So the idea of mazes is that when you reach certain lvl in some skill, you are able to enter the maze. There you have to fight / find your way to the door that leads out from the maze. There could be one (strong) monster that drops the key to the door or alternatively you should kill all the monsters to get out. If you complete the maze, you'd get good reward and would be able to go to the next maze after you get the required lvl for it. There could also be some quests that opens after you have cleared the maze.

There could be also own mazes for mages and rangers, so everyone doesn't need to get high a/d lvl to get in harder mazes. If you go to fighting maze, you shouldn't be able to use other spells than healing and maybe shield spells, but you could wear armor and weapons normally. If you go to mage maze, you can't wear anything (or maybe mage robes etc.) but use harm and other spells freely. Ranging maze allows you to wear bow and arrows, but nothing else.

So what's the point in these mazes?

- There's some target for n00bs to train for, so there is smaller chance they get frustrated and quit the game. Especially if they don't want to be PKers or it feels they'll never get high enough to PK.

- You can go to maze whenever you want and no need to plan few hours with whom you want to go to instance and plan how you share the profits etc.

- Brings more interest in endless grinding.

- They'd be just damn fun!

This is just preliminary idea so feel free to make suggestions about how to make it better or why it wouldn't work.

Btw mazes should start from pretty low lvl, let's say you'd be able to enter first (fighting) maze when you reach a+d 60 in total. Rangers and mages can post their own ideas about their own mazes, since I'm not really familiar with those skills.

Hopefully this wasn't suggested before. I just didn't make any other words up that would fit in this idea :)

Edit: Anyway there should be at least some time limit so def whores like me can't go to maze and train monsters there for few hours.

Edited by Miiks

As with the other instance suggestions. I feel this may have some merit depending on how it is implemented.

However, I would rather see more team based instances before such is implemented. Because in general, things are more fun to do with friends. There are enough things to do alone. For instance, I train, harvest, mix, explore, and spend much of my EL time working alone, semi afk. When I focus on the game, I tend to want to interact with someone at some level. Not just run a maze and kill stuff and leave.

Now as for implementation of this instance, the first and foremost thing is about profit margin. This is one of the hardest thing to control in my opinion. Radu once said that he intended to have the rdholams cost only 50kgc, yet they are ~100kgc and have been for quite some time. There have even been complaints that some instances are not hard enough. etc.

I feel that if implemented, it should be implemented for at least 45 a/d, if not higher. This way, it encourages people to train, as 45 a/d isn't that much further from 30s.

I have many other ideas, but I believe they have already been espoused by many others on the other threads about instances, as this is what I view it as. A solo instance.

However, I would rather see more team based instances before such is implemented. Because in general, things are more fun to do with friends. There are enough things to do alone. For instance, I train, harvest, mix, explore, and spend much of my EL time working alone, semi afk. When I focus on the game, I tend to want to interact with someone at some level. Not just run a maze and kill stuff and leave.

That's point of my idea. Since most of training is done solo, why couldn't there be some "training mazes" where you can test your skills alone if you are ready to start PK or go to instances? Yes I agree there should be more team based action and actuyally I'd like to see some quests or different kind of instances that you have to complete with a team. For example it could be defending a city from invaded monsters, where rangers can be shooting from city walls and fighters fighting monsters melee. Atm instances are more like attacking and going onwards, but I'd like to see some instances where you have to defend certain place / person from monsters. It would need more teamwork and tactics.

Now as for implementation of this instance, the first and foremost thing is about profit margin. This is one of the hardest thing to control in my opinion. Radu once said that he intended to have the rdholams cost only 50kgc, yet they are ~100kgc and have been for quite some time. There have even been complaints that some instances are not hard enough. etc.

I'd rather see reward being exp than stuff.

I feel that if implemented, it should be implemented for at least 45 a/d, if not higher. This way, it encourages people to train, as 45 a/d isn't that much further from 30s.

Yea 30's a/d was just a nomination and I didn't really think about it. I agree 45's would work better maybe.