"Come closer, boy

Let me see what we have here"

"I feared I couldn't finish my potion

That is such an awful notion

But look what I found

Walking around

The missing ingredient - a wandering fool"

Let the feast begin!

The wind was bitter, like a cold iron knife slowly worming its way through the deep folds of my cloak. In front of me, the campfire was flickering merrily, and I huddled closer to its warmth, feeling the dry warmth slowly toasting my hands. Sparing a glance away from the embers and sizzling meat, I shuddered, for it seemed that the stark trees were clawing at the sides of the clearing, their bare twigs waving in the night air like the bony fingers of half starved goblins.

Shaking my head, I told myself off for being a fool; the trees were only as grim as my imagination made them. Still, as I plucked my venison off its little bed of coals, I could almost hear the darkness laughing at my innocence. It was well that the moon was bright, for I doubted that evil would show itself under Aluwen’s bright gaze.

Cursing the ferans for invading just when I could have used the comfort of a few swords at my side, I quickly finished the crisped meat and then stood up to shake the stiffness from my limbs.

A tiny brownie had stepped out from between the shadowed trees, and even as I peered at it in surprise, it shifted from one foot to another, seemingly regarding the bright blade at my waist. I wondered if it had been attracted by the warmth of my fire, but my musings were cut short as it seemed to reach a decision, crushing a miniscule handful of some dark substance in its hands. The little creature seemed to swell, bones writhing under a thin layer of hairy skin, its howl of unbearable pain ripping into my ears.

I muttered an invocation to the goddess, for facing me was a thing not from nature, but of some black pit of Hell. It smiled, revealing long yellow fangs that gnashed of their own accord. As the mouth opened, blood oozed out, coursing in clotted runnels from a dozen of fetid sores. Then, it was at me, a hate filled maelstrom of lashing claws, its eyes burning with a loathing of man.

Falling under its weight, I felt sharp teeth sink into the folds of my neck, and sharp talons rending the bare skin of my arm into a burning, pulpy mess. Striking blindly with the pommel of my blade, I felt the thing’s skull crack like an egg, but still I lashed out, again, and again, until I felt the savage grip at my neck fall away. Exhausted, I fell back, bright white sparks flowing in front of my eyes.

Vaguely wondering if more of the creature’s fellows were beaming in, I cursed and pulled myself up so that my back was protected by a half rotten log. A group of fighters was standing around me, ogling at my pitiful state and clutching feran horns in their blood smeared hands. “Jeez,” one of them muttered, “You’d have thought that something invaded Isla Prima.”

Confused, I glanced around the ruined campsite, feeling some subtle poison working its way through my veins. Slumped against me was the inch long body of a dead, but perfectly harmless looking brownie.

A mystery writers entry

There must have been a storm that night,

a flash of light, the chill of fright.

An invasion descended upon the lands.

Evil monsters with murderous demands.

Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Spiders from the Sun

They harm for 200

and spawn by the dozen,

so use your dis and run.

The fiendish ghouls will BRoD the fools

who stay to fight.

The only way to save your life is to take flight.

Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Spiders from the Sun,

they've come to pwn us all.

Drink your speed hax.

Grab your steel axe

an run run run run run.

Fresh blood will summon

evil beings with souls of demons.

And those who wish to fight,

the eternal army will beckon.

It grows stronger by the second.

Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Spiders from the Sun

They'll paralyze.

They'll eat your eyes.

and end your days of fun.

will close the contest tonight so if you have a entry this is your very last chance to submit it :P

Okay thats the final curtain guys and gals.

Competition is now closed

We will announce the winners on sunday the 1st November evening GMT around a nice campfire someplace.

Thank you to everyone who has submitted a piece.

Im allready having trouble sleeping

Thanks a bunch :P

and the winners of the scary story contest are

1st place: Raistlin

2nd place: Nova

3rd place: wormwood

however i would like to take a moment to just congratulate EVERYONE who submitted a piece. they were all fantastic and very entertaining.

I know the judges had trouble picking winners from them all :)