Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Add "Perks:" tag to #list_perks command

Hi,

Due to the bombing of several bots that have had the one perk, I was hoping to add the bot's perks to our database so that an owner would know what perks the bot has (this really becomes an issue if someone transfers ownership of the bot...)

The issue I'm running into is the perks come back to the client/bot as a raw_text message with no identifying tag (like "Perks:")

Could you please add a tag, as suggested above? This way I would know that raw_text coming in with that tag is what I'm looking for and can warn the bot owners that they have the perk and should take some kind of action before their bot gets bombed...

DB

EDIT: typos

Edited by DogBreath

Hi,

Due to the bombing of several bots that have had the one perk, I was hoping to add the bot's perks to our database so that an owner would know what perks the bot has (this really becomes an issue if someone transfers ownership of the bot...)

The issue I'm running into is the perks come back to the client/bot as a raw_text message with no identifying tag (like "Perks:")

Could you please add a tag, as suggested above? This way I would know that raw_text coming in with that tag is what I'm looking for and can warn the bot owners that they have the perk and should take some kind of action before their bot gets bombed...

DB

Seriously, no trade bot should ever take/have One!

A bot owner should either know what perks the bots has or log in as the bot and then do #list_perks. It's not worth Ent's effort to add something like into the server for limited usage. Plus, with how the data is being sent currently, the Ants have no problem identifying what perks they have by doing their own #list_perks.

Hi,

DB

A bot owner should either know what perks the bots has or log in as the bot and then do #list_perks. It's not worth Ent's effort to add something like into the server for limited usage. Plus, with how the data is being sent currently, the Ants have no problem identifying what perks they have by doing their own #list_perks.

I realize no bot should ever have the one perk, but some times people get a bot from someone else and aren't quite educated in the ways of ugly perks. This has already resulted in at least two people no longer owning bots and at least one of them quitting the game outright. I realize the amount of effort needs to be weighed in, but is adding a single word and a colon before sending the text really that much extra work?

Could you please explain how you can be assured the raw_text you're decifering as perks is the right raw text? I realize I can look for the raw text, and "hope" that it's the right line, but if some raw text "snuck in" between requests and it had the word "one" in it, it might get really confusing. Best I can tell there's no way to be "sure". If you can show me another way, I'd glady use it.

Thanks,

DB

Hi,

DB

I realize no bot should ever have the one perk, but some times people get a bot from someone else and aren't quite educated in the ways of ugly perks. This has already resulted in at least two people no longer owning bots and at least one of them quitting the game outright. I realize the amount of effort needs to be weighed in, but is adding a single word and a colon before sending the text really that much extra work?

Could you please explain how you can be assured the raw_text you're decifering as perks is the right raw text? I realize I can look for the raw text, and "hope" that it's the right line, but if some raw text "snuck in" between requests and it had the word "one" in it, it might get really confusing. Best I can tell there's no way to be "sure". If you can show me another way, I'd glady use it.

Thanks,

DB

Issue #list_perks, watch the color code, and stop watching after a short time that is significantly longer then the servers response time.

snip....

Issue #list_perks, watch the color code, and stop watching after a short time that is significantly longer then the servers response time.

Thanks, I didn't think of the color code. I'll give it a try.