Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

The Infected

Over the past few weeks I've been slowly watching various "zombie" movies with one of my kids. I got to thinking: what would "The Infected" (from the movies 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later) act like in the context of EL?

Imagine a char/npc like character, perhaps with a special look (diseased), with permanent speed-hax (The Infected run all the time). They would be nearly impossible to catch or to flee from. If attacked, there would be a large percentage change (say 10% per hit) of you becoming infected. If "infected" you get poisoned, although instead of counting down as it normally does, it counts up meaning you will die soon (perhaps a potion of antidote will heal you). Also, since you're now one of The Infected, you also have speed-hax until you die or drink the antidote.

Other suggestion posts have talked about illness or plague that can spread from character to character so I'll ignore that from this post. I was mostly interested in the ideas of the increasing poison (slow but certain death) and temporary speed-hax (independent of how you get it or what it's called).

As to when they might be out (night only?) or what maps (very limited) or why you'd even risk an encounter with one (some significant gain or reward) I'll leave others.

Actually, I've been thinking of something similar for a few years (a virtual dissease system in EL), and others came up with similar ideas about vampires and werewolves. Good ideas, I might implement them in some form or another, but not high on my priority list.

ah vampires would be cool! like severe bad astro and lose 10hp a min during the day and reverse during evening.

you can't eat so have to bloodsuck monsters or other players.

Edited by HereticEast

In theory I would say things like vampires could be implemented by using the pet system, and like the mule's would require a glyph and Necter Of Unlife(creature food)to remain in this state...They could be leveled like mules and each level would give both good and bad perks, and these perks would stack, so a fully leveled Vamp would have them all.

ie:

Level 1 : Neg: 4 dmg per min while in daylight.

Pos: heals 2 hp per min at nighttime , + X amount of emu, mag res

Level 2 : Neg: cannot eat normal food/use fps etc, minus food =loss of X hp per min

Pos: Drinking blood vials adds X amount of food, + X amount of emu, mag res and Toughness

Level 3 : Neg: Summon stones do not summon the normal creature associated with them(see pos), extra dmg from silver weapons (clicky)

Pos: Evanescence perk, using a summon stone summons a pack of 3 increased a/d wolves no matter what stone is used

etc etc

Edited by conavar

I've seen this type of thing in action before, it can be quite interesting. A plague (of sorts) can have odd results on the population :P (not saying good or bad...)

Sounds neat to me :P