Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaulB

Half Life 2: Episode 2

So I don't know how many of you are familiar with the "Half Life" series of games but there has been a lot of great things that happened from the first one that they released.

The following is a copy & paste from this site ----> Half Life

Half-Life—the debut title by Valve Software—took the PC gaming world by storm upon its release on November 19, 1998. Winning over 50 Game of the Year awards and selling more than eight million copies, Half-Life still reigns as the best-selling FPS of all time.

And in 2004 Valve released Half Life 2 and the game received over 35 game of the year awards!

Here is a quote which can be found at this site ----> Half Life 2 Wiki

Half-Life 2 garnered near unanimous positive reviews and received critical acclaim, winning over 35 Game of the Year awards for 2004. The game has been critically praised for its advances in computer animation, sound, narration, computer graphics, artificial intelligence (AI) and physics. As of June 8, 2006, over four million copies of Half-Life 2 have been sold.

I went out and purchased Half Life 2 the day it was released in 2004 and I fell in love with the game. I paid like $50 for the game but for that price I received not only Half Life 2 but I also got "Counter Strike Source" and "Half Life deathmatch" both online games. But there was 1 HUGE problem that I had run into at one point.

When you first installed Half Life 2 you have to use the "Steam" application. -----> Steam info

To run Steam you need an active internet connection and when I didn't have a internet connection at one point I was not able to play any of the games. :)

Well to get back to the point I was trying to make is this...

I recently read about a Chapter 2 release for Half Life 2 -----> Half Life 2: Episode 2

I purchased it and OMFG the game is just incredible. I give the graphics on this game a 10/10. The game play to me seems more fast paced than the previous chapter and the new creatures are just great.

I wonder how many of you all have actually played Half Life series and if you can comment as to your experience playing it and/or what you liked or disliked most about it.

Also: Here is a link to a screen shot I took during the game. Screenie

Here is a video of actual game play ------>Half Life 2: Episode 2 game play *This is not video of me playing but a video I looked up online to share with you all.

Running Intel Core 2 duo @ 2.4GHz/4GB DDR3/GeForce 8600GT PCIe 512MB graphics card with a 1,000 watt power supply. (runs great)

PaulB

Edited by Paul Brown