Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest LeGeNd

help me help me

you might have unzipped the game in a wrong way. if you open the folder where you unzipped the game and look around, do you see any sub-folders what so ever? if you dont, reinstall the game. I guess from the way you formed the question, you get the words [username] and [password] written on the screen, but no boxes to fill them into. This could be the effect of unzipping the file without sub's. Try doing what i told you (simply install winzip, right-drag the zipfile to the desktop and choose: unzip to directoru el_880 or whatever)

this will most likley work, IF thats ur problem..

Hope you get it to work!

GL :P

These n00bs are getting to be so fucking stupid, dude are you jessica simpson in disguise or something.

seriously, if a guy asks for help, there is no need for you to blame him. Thats what we are for, helping the newcommers. Man, i had a hell loads of problems to get the game to work properly the firt time i tried it. :P

I know that but I mean its liek

Account|________________________________|

Pass |________________________________|

___________ _____________

| Log | | NEW |

| | | CHARACTER |

|_________|_ | ____________|

Its not that fucking hard to find NEW CHARACTER IS IT a frekin monmkey could do it

Ok well you also have to understand there are younger players that may have never played an game like this and arent sure what to do.

You need to learn to have patience with new players. :P

LEFT! LEFT!! if a sign says go left to get to flordia then thats usually what it means! just like NEW PLAYER means NEW PLAYER. it doesnt matter where you are it means new player. if someone cant get that streght then they need a brain.

(psst. id loan you mine but i need it for school)

yeah killer i know some questions might be stupid. But before you judge the n00bs for being n00bish, we really have to find out what the questions are about. otherwise we cant help them ever - and that would mean that no new players would sign in on etermal lands.

yeah killer i know some questions might be stupid. But before you judge the n00bs for being n00bish, we really have to find out what the questions are about. otherwise we cant help them ever - and that would mean that no new players would sign in on etermal lands.

Finding out what the questions are about would not be a problem, if people would just write the entire question.

"Help" - no.

"It doesn't work" - nope.

"I can't log in" - better, but still not enough.

"It says username already in use", when I try to create a character" - perfect.

If just newbies would learn this.

Yeah it seems even with that introduction for new players in green type that says if you need help type @help.

They expect us to know whats wrong if they just type help. Sorry that just makes me roll my eyes everytime i see that. :roll:

OMFG THAT'D BE HEAVEN

*100 posts*

No new players would be so boring. All the same people, the game would never move anywhere. All the same ideas would be around. You need new players for more creativity and to add something new to a game that wasn't there before. :wink:

you might have unzipped the game in a wrong way. if you open the folder where you unzipped the game and look around, do you see any sub-folders what so ever? if you dont, reinstall the game. I guess from the way you formed the question, you get the words [username] and [password] written on the screen, but no boxes to fill them into. This could be the effect of unzipping the file without sub's. Try doing what i told you (simply install winzip, right-drag the zipfile to the desktop and choose: unzip to directoru el_880 or whatever)

It would be nice if it were actually possible to reinstall this game. Unfortunately all we get is a current directory zip file. We should at least get a subdirectory for the game to extract to when we unzip it. A full-game zip file should extract to something like "./el-0.8.8" so downloaded zips can be carefully stored in a higher directory than the game. Update zips should extract to the corresponding subdirectory for their version. That is, an update to 0.8.8 should extract to "./el-0.8.8" or similar.

Downloading new full-game zips would not mess with old "installs" or should I say "extracts" instead. They would just extract to their directory.

Easy to suggest. Hard to put past stubborn people. Haha.

They expect us to know whats wrong if they just type help. Sorry that just makes me roll my eyes everytime i see that.  :roll:

Actually, some may think that "@help" is just a command to open a help file. Someone asked me how to talk on the cannel, and I answered "@message". He promptly typed "@message hello".

What I'm trying to say, is that perhaps they don't expect you to know whats wrong, they just didn't know what @help would do.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this