Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

1.7.0 release Debian/Ubuntu Linux packages available

The Debian/Ubuntu Linux packages have been updated to the 1.7.0 release version. If you have the previous version already installed you be will given the option to update next time you refresh your package lists. If you have installed the release candidate versions, you must reinstall the non RC versions, the RC versions will then be automatically removed.

For new installs of these package, refer to this Ubuntu help page. This page can also be used for the Debian version and has specific information for the Debian repository.

Please report any game issues to the main thread and any package issues here.

Note that until the server update, you may experience issues on some maps.

Edited by bluap

There was a mix up on the release numbering so I have had to update the client package. If you already installed, you will be offered the update next time you refresh your package list. The new version will be required when the server is updated.

I tried to install it via synaptic, all went well until i tried to start it from the menu. A window popped up with an empty list of servers and that's about as far as I got...

I tried to install it via synaptic, all went well until i tried to start it from the menu. A window popped up with an empty list of servers and that's about as far as I got...

Have you used EL on that machine/account before? Do you have a servers.lst file in your "$HOME/.elc" directory? If you do and it is empty, remove the file and launch the program from the menu icon again. You should get a new copy made from the installed game data.

Edit: Also, did the install complete successfully?

Edited by bluap