Eternal Lands Official Forums

Hi

I was searching forums for Capture the flag etc. and i found few posts but without solid description. I was wondering how to implement something that would lead to big multi player battles and here is my idea. If i missed something like "CTF will never be in game and its sucks" then please delete this topic and take my apologise. I know there could be better, more evolved CTF ideas but, as always, I'm trying to give idea that (in my imagination of server code) should be relatively easy to implement.

The Map

My idea needs new special map. This should be map separated from others and having other hell (or player respawn point). I think it should be treated as C3. Hell on this map should have storage and be non PKable. Whole map should be PK. There should be few exits from hell leading to different areas of map. In centre of this map there should be many fortifications. Besides of fortifications there should be special area (i will call it the Heart) with altar. Entrance to this map should be in "C3" Hell(or players respawn point). Player could get to this map by buying something like tickets (Yes money sink! :blink:). Every day(or less often) there should be an event. Each day event will concern different God or skill and the cycle should be regular (You always know when each God event is). It should look like that:

• on special hour (let say 2h of EL day) an event starts
  • for this moment a condition should be checked on server - when players from only one guild are in the Heart for more then 5-10 minutes(to consider) the bag spawns(like mercury bags) on altar and event stops
  • after some time (hour-few hours - to consider) the bag spawns (or not - to consider) on altar and event stops

The Bag

What could be in the bag to make players fight for it? My idea is stone form God. It should be usable item, different for each god and when used it should give user's guild(Yes whole guild) some (+3-5% to consider) more exp in god discipline (for example Unholas Stone gives +5% more magic exp) for some time (1-7 days to consider). It should also disappear when next event for the same god starts. It could give other type of reward (for example +5 in god discipline). Its important that it should give bonus to whole guild to make it valuable which lead to team working. For example harvesters guild could hire and pay gold to PK guild to posses Mother Nature Stone. Another example - one PK guild will make allay with another PK guild to posses Mortos Stone for one guild and Aluwen Stone to another few days later. It would bring some politics to the game and in my opinion makes it more fun.

As you can see there are many things to consider - mainly How it should be balanced to give players fun and not destroy economy?. For my first look it looks like nice(gives players fun) money sink.

The Advert

New map - some map making team time

Few line of code - some Ent time

Fun for community - priceless :)

Sorry for bad English and, as always, feedback welcome

OnyXa

Man. this is a thought out idea for sure. i really like the idea. i think it would be awsome if it got emplemented... the thing is.. i dont see something like this getting emplemented into the game. for 1 thing. how much would the tickets cost? and even with the bonuses you get from the god stone. i doubt whole guilds will team up to do this. i would personally like it better if it was for a singular peron.

like i said. its a great idea. just not very feasable as far as seeing it implemented.

how much would the tickets cost?

My proposition is around 200gc because that's makes more players to come and its still money sink.

i would personally like it better if it was for a singular peron.

If single player will hold the Heart for required time then bag still spawns (condition require not whole guild but minimum one player to stand in the Heart) and he could took reward but it would be hard for one player because many players would like to posses it. God stone, when used, should give bonus for whole guild (that makes it more powerfully) and it should be useless for guildless players. Of course guildless player can always sell it. This could also lead to black market of God stones. For example strong PK guild could fight for stone only to resell or exchange it.

Of course please fell free to modify this idea to make it better :D.

maybe you could make it simpler.

Just make it capture the flag

But instead u have to put it in something or use with with something.

Just have that.

Maybe a place to wait or there i each team and once there are enough players it starts.

but making it simpler would make it easer for me to under :D

Also do u lose your bag or something.

Edited by daiske1

In my idea the bags spawns and it poofs like other bags (it is already implemented) so:

- when no one took it it will be lost like other bags

- when there not be many interested players for example only one - he always can took it and it not destroy anything

Why not making teams?

- Because making teams will lead to require some more coding debug etc.

I like this idea. I want to ask if I understand a couple of things right and ask some other questions too:

-- The god stone bag spawns at the Heart spot in the center of the PK map, right?

-- The god stone bag spawn works like merc spawns, so if the event runs a few hours, the bag will poof and respawn over and over until either someone finds it, or the event time runs out, right?

-- Could people go into this map any time, or only when an event is happening (like, tickets are only on sale when an event is announced)? But what about after the event? How do you get people out again? What is to stop people from buying one ticket and then just staying there, camping a PK alt to get a "home court" advantage?

-- How do you get out of the map once you capture the prize? Afaik, you can't #beam from PK maps, right? So, if the entrance is in C3 hell, then I guess the exit is in hell too, but how do you get to it? Maybe you have to carry a rosto and type #suicide?

-- Since the whole map is PK, you'd need a rosto anyway, because once you get the god stone, other players will stop going for the Heart spot and go after you instead, right? So, this is another rosto sink as well. :D

-- You said: "God stone, when used, should give bonus for whole guild (that makes it more powerfully) and it should be useless for guildless players." I don't like things that cut guildless people out of public game events, but "lone wolf" players can get around this by making a 1-person guild for themselves, right? Like, I have a 1-person guild, and if I wanted to try to get the god stone on my own (ha! as if that would ever happen :P), I could get still get it and use it if I wanted to, just for myself, all selfish-like, right? :P My point is, if you want to play as a "lone wolf," you should not have to join a group to do this, imo.

-- The god stone bag spawns at the Heart spot in the center of the PK map, right?
-- The god stone bag spawn works like merc spawns, so if the event runs a few hours, the bag will poof and respawn over and over until either someone finds it, or the event time runs out, right?

I wrote it in pseudo code because is easier for me :D

while eventTimer < some time (1-few hours){
 while eventTimer < some time (1-few hours) and timer < some time (5-10 minutes) do{
 if only players form one guild or one guildless person is inside the Heart {
	timer reset
	timer start
 }
 if timer is running and not (only players form one guild or one guildless person are inside the Heart){
	timer reset
	timer stop
 }
 if(timer is running){
   timer advance
 }
 eventTimer advance
 }
//good end someone wins
done bag spawns on altar
}
//bad end - none wins
done bag spawns on altar(or not spawns - to consider)

That is a way I'm thinking about it.

-- Could people go into this map any time, or only when an event is happening (like, tickets are only on sale when an event is announced)? But what about after the event? How do you get people out again? What is to stop people from buying one ticket and then just staying there, camping a PK alt to get a "home court" advantage?

I think they will be boring waiting all day for event. I have idea - all players in this map 10 minutes after event is finished (bad or good way) are automaticly teleported to Isla Prima.

- How do you get out of the map once you capture the prize? Afaik, you can't #beam from PK maps, right? So, if the entrance is in C3 hell, then I guess the exit is in hell too, but how do you get to it? Maybe you have to carry a rosto and type #suicide?

There should be exit(one way) from this map/hell leading to Isla Prima.

-- Since the whole map is PK, you'd need a rosto anyway, because once you get the god stone, other players will stop going for the Heart spot and go after you instead, right? So, this is another rosto sink as well. icon13.gif

Yes it could be like that. Or it could be exit to Isla Prima near altar(to consider)

- You said: "God stone, when used, should give bonus for whole guild (that makes it more powerfully) and it should be useless for guildless players." I don't like things that cut guildless people out of public game events, but "lone wolf" players can get around this by making a 1-person guild for themselves, right? Like, I have a 1-person guild, and if I wanted to try to get the god stone on my own (ha! as if that would ever happen tongue.gif), I could get still get it and use it if I wanted to, just for myself, all selfish-like, right? wink.gif My point is, if you want to play as a "lone wolf," you should not have to join a group to do this, imo.

It not cut off guildless people. If you are strong/lucky enough to hold the Heart for some time alone then you will get a stone. As i wrote you can use it yourself but you will not get bonus (this is to consider, maybe you should have bonus) but you can always sell it to some guild and have gc instead.

I think they will be boring waiting all day for event. I have idea - all players in this map 10 minutes after event is finished (bad or good way) are automaticly teleported to Isla Prima.

I like that idea. I think there are a good number of people who run more than one character at a time. Some people might have a PK alt sitting AFK in the non-PK hell of that C3 map, waiting for an event. Meanwhile, they are doing something else with their main or other alt, so that they are not bored but still get the advantage of being the first people there when the event starts. Auto-teleporting them out to clear the map before the next event would be good, imo, if possible.

- How do you get out of the map once you capture the prize? Afaik, you can't #beam from PK maps, right? So, if the entrance is in C3 hell, then I guess the exit is in hell too, but how do you get to it? Maybe you have to carry a rosto and type #suicide?

There should be exit(one way) from this map/hell leading to Isla Prima.

-- Since the whole map is PK, you'd need a rosto anyway, because once you get the god stone, other players will stop going for the Heart spot and go after you instead, right? So, this is another rosto sink as well. icon13.gif

Yes it could be like that. Or it could be exit to Isla Prima near altar(to consider)

Hm, maybe, yeah. It would be simple and easy if the winner could just grab the bag and tele out, putting an end to the event, but it would be more dramatic if he had to fight his way out or figure out an escape to non-PK hell.

- You said: "God stone, when used, should give bonus for whole guild (that makes it more powerfully) and it should be useless for guildless players." I don't like things that cut guildless people out of public game events, but "lone wolf" players can get around this by making a 1-person guild for themselves, right? Like, I have a 1-person guild, and if I wanted to try to get the god stone on my own (ha! as if that would ever happen tongue.gif), I could get still get it and use it if I wanted to, just for myself, all selfish-like, right? wink.gif My point is, if you want to play as a "lone wolf," you should not have to join a group to do this, imo.

It not cut off guildless people. If you are strong/lucky enough to hold the Heart for some time alone then you will get a stone. As i wrote you can use it yourself but you will not get bonus (this is to consider, maybe you should have bonus) but you can always sell it to some guild and have gc instead.

It's the part about guildless people not getting the bonus that bothers me a little. I think anyone who wins the stone should have the same option to use it or sell it. But I don't know how hard it would be to have it both ways -- that the stone bonus can go to a guildless person OR be shared by members of a guild. I figured the easiest way around that for solo players would be to make their own guild, IF they can afford it. Then I would assume the bonus would go to anyone who is a member of the guild, even if it's only one person.

The one problem with the idea of selling the stone for gc is the time limit you put on the stone's benefit. I think you said that the exp bonus stops when the next event starts. (Please let me know if I got that wrong.) That means that the more time it takes to find a buyer (like if your buyer or you have to log off before you can sell it), the less time the stone will have to give the bonus, which will make its value lower.

Edited by peino

The one problem with the idea of selling the stone for gc is the time limit you put on the stone's benefit. I think you said that the exp bonus stops when the next event starts. (Please let me know if I got that wrong.) That means that the more time it takes to find a buyer (like if your buyer or you have to log off before you can sell it), the less time the stone will have to give the bonus, which will make its value lower.

In my first thought bonus stops after constant time(for example a week) and Stone vanish when event for the same God/skill starts(about 11 days). So stone not lose value till it not vanish. Also you always know when stone vanish because event circle is regular. But it could work some other way of course.