Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Roman

Future Problems with Fighting

I agree with Radu's reasoning behind the new break rates. Ozmondius pointed out that with armour breaks it was costing him 1k/hr to train. I think these new break rates are going to result in people wanting to train less (e.g. players that think/feel that 1k/h on armour is alot) and not leveling a/d. Meaning that players that got to high levels with low break rates will be able dominate, with it being very unlikly of any new threats coming along and rivaling them. Players arent going to be interested in buying high level armour, which will negativily affect manufactors who make the armours and alchemists that make the bars, bussiness. In the end we could just end up with the game being spilt into two.... Old fighters happily pking and weak players only harvesting to satisfy the rich players wants and not being able to do nothing much more.

On the other hand...

Players could start going to td and Kf in leather and steel chains and really testing there skills pking, instead of the current pking system with person taking thermal serp and killing merc gatherer and then teleing because they thought they might of saw a toomass hiding in the bush.

Pking might improve, but training will not.

Go crazy, state what you think might happen in the next few months, say Arrow knows shit all about any thing sword and shield related... i just wanna hear your views, maybe Mp training guide might change the way people train so this wont matter.

Arrow.

I agree with Radu's reasoning behind the new break rates. Ozmondius pointed out that with armour breaks it was costing him 1k/hr to train. I think these new break rates are going to result in people wanting to train less (e.g. players that think/feel that 1k/h on armour is alot) and not leveling a/d. Meaning that players that got to high levels with low break rates will be able dominate, with it being very unlikly of any new threats coming along and rivaling them. Players arent going to be interested in buying high level armour, which will negativily affect manufactors who make the armours and alchemists that make the bars, bussiness. In the end we could just end up with the game being spilt into two.... Old fighters happily pking and weak players only harvesting to satisfy the rich players wants and not being able to do nothing much more.

On the other hand...

Players could start going to td and Kf in leather and steel chains and really testing there skills pking, instead of the current pking system with person taking thermal serp and killing merc gatherer and then teleing because they thought they might of saw a toomass hiding in the bush.

Pking might improve, but training will not.

Go crazy, state what you think might happen in the next few months, say Arrow knows shit all about any thing sword and shield related... i just wanna hear your views, maybe Mp training guide might change the way people train so this wont matter.

Arrow.

Oh my, the world is ending. :confused:

You really didn't understand or read what changed in the chance to break at all, did you?

Go back and read it again.

All that changed its zero damage hits, now have a chance to break, just like any other strikes.

I trained and I lost the same amount of crap today.

And yes you are right, people that look for excuses will probably find them (and post about it too)

(edit: typo)

Edited by robotbob

the more i play the more i dont really care, if training cost me 1k/hour then making 1k steel bars lets me train for 48 hours, which even at my noob rate of xp/hour is about 10millionxp. this doesn't seem bad to me.

My prediction: nothing major will change; if people stops using high-end armour, there will be a (temporary) slowdown of item inflation in game, and training will be pushed slightly backward (this already happened with the cap, now much less people can train on high-end monsters, and we are all here playing happily nevertheless). If, on the contrary, people keeps using top gear despite the (slightly) increased breakage rate, demand will increase, prices will go up, and Radu will make EFEs more common as soon as the high price becomes a problem.

Fixing the bug was of course the right thing to do (and also logical: anything that absorbs energy might break, and technically the breakage chance increases with increasing absorbed energy, not the other way around).

Decreasing the breakage rate of items accordingly would have been all that was needed to maintain the overall balance, while removing the loophole in PvP training in top gear. I still hope that will be the final solution.