Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Florian

Post 1.6 release stuff

When can we start to commit new ideas into CVS?

I have some things for you to test:

- scaled damage messages http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41221

- "miss" messages for ranging, can only be seen by the player, not by others http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=491

- level up effects for the other skills

- ongoing magic effects like shield, poison, etc

And I started to play around with SSE, but I have to find a good benchmark to see whether my SSE or GCC's code performs better.

I guess we can start just about now, but it would be a good idea if we can focus first on finding the White dragon bug.

Also, we plan to release a sky client in maybe a month or so, it will be an optional update though, so don't add features that are too buggy or too incomplete.

After the sky client, the whole graphic engine will be rewritten, but work on GUI and other stuff will not be affected. This will be a big projec,t will take perhaps an year. More details about it soon.

On that topic, can i recommend u guys switch to subversion (while berlios doesnt support other scm) for version control?

That way u can use branches and develop new features while keeping released version in branch and backport only bugfixes.

On that topic, can i recommend u guys switch to subversion (while berlios doesnt support other scm) for version control?

That way u can use branches and develop new features while keeping released version in branch and backport only bugfixes.

All of which you can do with CVS.

All of which you can do with CVS.

... and #ifdefs