Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LocDavius

Banned!?

I seem to have been banned for illegal multi-char use. I believe this is a mistake. I DO have an alt char but i've never interacted with it. I only have the alt to harvest items to sell for money,which i will eventually be giving away in guild events, to noob chars, ect. The only reason i can think of for this ban is that my 2 brothers (TheAvenger and Promethus) and father(Djoszer) also play EL, and i sometimes let my little brothers play on my pc, and i've given them all items to help them start out their new chars, so that may have caused you to think i've traded with myself. I've also been told by some of my EL friends that i should request to be put on the "white list".. im not sure what it is as im fairly new to the game, but I would really appreciate it if you could do this for me. I hope to hear something about this soon.

Thank You very much--LocDavius

Edited by LocDavius

The whitelist is not for this situation. (That is when the IP is banned due to somebody else and an uninvolved character falls in that banned range and cannot connect)

Ok, I will accept this explanation, it seemed rather odd suddenly there are 3 new characters all with a bunch of trading going on, and another with a name almost identical to yours (your alt I presume). Please make sure everyone is clear on the illegal multi rules including the problems that arise if they start "borrowing" other characters.

Thank you so much!! Im really happy we could get this worked out before the kids got home from school =] ,and yes my ALT is LocDanius.. but im fully aware of the rules and there will be NO trading to any of us on this ip.. i do have a question though:

Is it ok for the chars: LocDavius(Me), TheAvenger(little bro1),Promethus(little bro2) and Djozser(Dad) to trade? or is there another way? or i should i just not help them out?

There is a thing as reasonable trading. If we see stats and/or trades that look like one character is being used as a mule for another (even though technically there might be another "owner"), that is going to make us look hard at that character's usage and logs. There is a difference between normal trading of "some items" vs unusual and excessive trading. Reasonable trade among family members is acceptable.

Ok! thanks alot for clearing that up. I didn't want to have to go through this again =s can you blame me!? =p lol Thank You very much, and you will see none of that from us. All trades will be legit and very resonable =] --LocDavius