Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tropicano

rings of dissengagement <<< monster drop only!

That would make the game a Whole lof funnier to play... As for the moment, everyone owns at least 50 rings of dissengagement - so its pretty much impossible to kill anyone, if they dont suck ass, or simply dont want to flee. and thats not right, is it?

also, a button for the flee function would be great, next to the fighting button in the interface. if you clicked on that button in a fight your character would start to flee, and continue that way untill you either sucessfully flees, or clicks the button again (stop flee)...

Great idea Trop :)

But with the crafting skill people will be able to make diss rings, I hope thay will be a high lvl or require hard to aquire stuffs.

If the code for fighting in the server could be adjusted so that it enabled this button when a fight began and a fight ends (through dis or kill) it was disabled then it could work. just a continuous loop that does the move forward one that Home key does. Appart from that, i agree about dis rings trop, and with the multi combat system id say the same about dmg rings. I go through tons of them at the moment. but when you can have 8 ppl in a fight. thats 80dmg per second :shock:

Even if the rings are craftable they would need magic cast on them so that they work or atleast I think that they should.

Ah, Poor thing. It sounds like someone is having a hard time catching hold of those Slippery Newbies. What's the matter, Trop? No one wants to play with you no more?

I don't mean to sound like a Butthead but I couldn't help it. I just had to say that.

Anyway, yes it's a great idea but there's a reason they were so easy to get. Of course, that reason is pretty moot now seeing with all the changes and the total influx of money these days but still.

actually, not only does trop not pk that often (and even then he usually has reason to) but its not noobs that he is talking about. Noobs rarely know to bring dis rings in or if they do they tend not to have practice at using them well. We're talking about ourselves as well as the people we kill. It requires about 3-4 people to stop a person from fleeing combat which against the highest level characters is near on impossible to get (unless you are in TM, Wolf or CO).

Edit: Just re-thought it through and with the new multi combat system all bets are off. i think maybe we could wait and see how the new system works before making any other drastic changes.

Um, am I missing something here? ...... Stop them from fleeing? How can someone go on and on about how "unfair" it is that you can't kill what you can't catch?

It's like you're saying "Through all my hard work and even though I have 4 Team memebrs there to help me, I can stop one person from running away and robbing me of my hard earned Slaughter!"

You know how pathetic you all sound? How this for an idea? What not just have Ent just Remove the Dis-Engage rings from the game! Then Running away would be a lot harder and the whole competition becomes "Fair" (for you at least). Of course, Almost no one will Pk like that but then again, how would that be much different then making the Dis-Engage rings harder to get?

You know what, I take back what I said about it being a good idea. I did the math and thought about it and figure that the only use people have for Dis-Engage rings is Insurance while Pking. You take that away and people would stop taking chances. They do that and Pk will die in this game It's the only reason people Pk is because of they like the Thrill and Challenge but no one likes Fighting Blind and no one likes plays without a Backup in case of an emergency. This is the reason everybody PKs fully decked out.

"A game is only a game until you lose."

I umm..never bring rings and a lot of people can kick my ass :D So not everyone doesnt like having "insurance" and I would probably pk more if I knew after fighting someone and going through 30 pots that he wouldn't use a ring and get away

Kami, seriously, what the heck does all the n00bs even alk to KF for? you are safe for 10 secs, you get a RED waring message telling you that you can get attacked. There are 10 high lvl players sitting by the entrance - and p000f, the n00b dies - and starts to wine. If your a n00b, and cant afford to die, you shall not enter a PK map. IF you can affourd to die - you might enter fully equipped. Its now virtually impossible to make a living by pking - if you dont decide to have aduel and DONT use rings off dissengagement. O_o

Ya I like that cast that spell on a newb with some cool stuff and go attack him MUAHAHA