Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Schmurk

Useful actors and bones functions...

Yes there's something weird with the bounding boxes. I think that the boxes were updated according to the animation (the height of the birds depends on this) and this has been broken recently. Xaphier is working on the vertex shaders to let the video card handle the animations so maybe he has broken something by mistake. We should ask him...

About the difference between Skeleton and CoreSkeleton, I don't have any idea and the Cal documentation is inexistent about this. :medieval:

So far, it seems that there are not a big difference but I think we should better work with Skeleton and Bones. I'm working only with that for my stuff and it's working fine.

The Wraith's head bone isn't there or is the wrong bone, effects targeted at the Wraith's head go to it's feet ...

Weird...

Do you have something like "no bone with name 'head' found in skeleton!" in your error log?

Hand bone seems wrong.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=453

I added a glow to the remote heal spell that stays at the caster's hand (or wrist). Somehow the glow moves to the shoulder during fist fight.

Isn't it due to that line in the effect_glow.cpp file?

effect_center.y += usec / 1500000.0;

For the wraith head, I don't know where it comes from, maybe there's an error in the model but anyway, I don't think it matters a lot as we usually don't cast spells on him...

That only affects some particles of the OA level up effect. At least in my latest version.

For the wraith head, I don't know where it comes from, maybe there's an error in the model but anyway, I don't think it matters a lot as we usually don't cast spells on him...

;)

That only affects some particles of the OA level up effect. At least in my latest version.

In your patch (unless you changed it since the other day), it also affects the remote heal effect. I've removed the line and add "effect_center.y = pos->y" with the other ones and it has resolved the problem for me.

Didn't update the diff in mantis yet.

switch(type)
 {
case GlowEffect::LEVEL_UP_OA_GLOW:
{
  effect_center.y += usec / 1800000.0;
  break;
}
default:
{
  effect_center.y = pos->y;
  break;
}
 }

Adding "effect_center.y = pos->y" to the default seems to solve the problem, thank you!

Weird, hat the Wrath effect with some actors in KF too today ...

/EDIT

found it

void set_vec3_target_bone2(ec::Vec3& position, actor* _actor, int bone, const ec::Vec3 shift)

{

if (_actor->actor_type == 1) { // human form

set_vec3_actor_bone2(position, _actor, bone, ec::Vec3(0.0, 0.0, 0.0));

}

and removed that

typical case of stupid me I guess ...

Edited by Florian