Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dawench

Another person with weird lag

I have noticed other people with the same issue I am having. I log on and am fine for a minute or two and then I start lagging... resync a few times and then the grue gets me. This is a recent issue. I've been playing EL for about 4 months and never had any connection issues.

I do not have any av or security programs running. My router is not restricting any ports. My cable company informs me that my signal strength is optimal both sending and recieving and I even asked if they were blocking port 2000 which they arent. I have tried the poorman graphic setting. I've done everything suggested in the other posts and that includes re-installing EL.

I'm at a total lost what to do and am suffering from serious EL withdrawl. HELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!

Intel celeron 2.66ghz

256 mb ram

NVidia GeForce 6200

MS XP

Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not a mod, and nothing a say is offical, but I did have some issues like this once.

Real quick, are you on wireless? Or plugged directly into your router? What brand of a router do you have, and how old?

Good luck!

Edited by Jaxbot

I am on a wireless connection to an SMC router that is about 5 years old. As far as I know my drivers are up to date. I have tried unplugging the router and then plugging it back in. I have no issues with connecting to the net or any other software that requires a net connection, only EL is lagging and disconnecting me.

Should this topic be combined with the one titled "spontaneous performance reduction"? It seems very similar (if not the same) and if the answer is ever found then it might not have to be put in two places.

Also, dawench, you might want to read that other topic, and see if you fit into the situation I submitted a possible fix for :P (as well as trying what ent suggested)

Well, he gets resyncs, which is usually a connection problem, I don't think it is related to the CPU/threads issue you might have.

A cable should solve this problem, so long as it is caused by the WiFi connection.

I have resolved the problem!!!

It wasn't a wireless issue. It was the router itself. Somehow it was losing power... so I said to heck with it and bought a Nclass router. I'm not lagging anymore ... the grue no longer finds me a tasty morsel. woohooo I can feed my addiction.

Thanks for the advice ...it is and was appreciated.

Yes it had both tcp and udp and both had been allowed... all ports 1-64000 or something like that. I even went and specifically enabled port 2000 for both udp and tcp. The problem really was just the power supply to the router. The internal power converter burnt out. At least thats what I was told by my rent-a-geek. :(

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this