Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShadowKnight

Weapons

Just a quick thought, but instead of just having preset swords like iron broadswords and tianium short swords, how about making it so that swords simply come in different types but can be made with any metal? I was just thinking that a titanium double edged sword would be cool, but why stop there? You would just need a specific level to work with each metal, and you could make any type of sword with any metal, but of course the metal and quality would determine its stats.

I like this idea because it is pretty silly just to have like a certain sword in just a certain metal like you could make a titanium serpent sword with like iron and make it an iron serpent sword but this would get messy because it would still have to have fairly high stats but then newbs could get an extremely good sword at a low price

I've seen this done before in other MMORPG's and it works quite well. But in the ones I've seen there are a set of types of wepons, armor, ect. for example:

hatchet

battle axe

short sword

long sword

and a bunch of types of metal that can be made into any of those items. However if steel swords were better than iron swords then the best iron sword would be only a few points better (if not the same or lower) than the worst steel sword.

As always, i will disagree lol...

Well, i think it is nice to have different types of swords... if they are similar, but in different metals, there will be many players fooling each other selling iron serpent sword for a price of a titaniun one....

I think it is nice the way it is now...

I like the idea. Really, a lot of mmorpgs already do this. It helps the economy of the game because people are always upgrading their weapons, and I like having more choices anyway, what makes a game expansive are choices. And, when EL gets further along and more people join, they are going to want some sort of weapon, fairly early on. Man, I hear it all the time with the newbies we get everyday, "What i can't even have a dagger, or a cheap wooden sword? A sword in this game costs how much!!"

And, oh yea, just because there will be people who will try to cheat others, does not mean we shouldn't implement this. Buyer beware is something known by all, especially in mmorpgs. And, that is what the karma system will help combat anyway.

Nice Idea.

~Velocet

I don't know if the 'eye' icon works when trading, but you could use that to make sure you buy a titanium sword instead of an iron one.

I like this idea but I fear that it will be too complicated to implement.

the eye should work as of last update, check the changes.txt...

problem is that you will have to redo the entire manufacture system to either be dynamic or have a lot of variations :)

It could be set up so that a box in the window tells you what your mouse is over. It shouldn't be to hard to set up.

Suggest this in the Runescape forums They will eat it up and love it because they wi ll put in any crap that doesn't make sense in their game. I mean come on! You can't mold titanium like iron, its a stupid idea because the metals are extremely different

Ok, i see your point on people scamming others, but there's an easy solution. Just make it so weapons, or even possibly armor if they make it so you can use different metals, have the letter of the metal in the corner. So if you made an iron sword there would be an "I" in the corner of it's inventory image. "I" for Iron, "S" for steel, "T" for titanium; it's that simple. Also, you could make it so that better weapons have more detail. The nicer the weapon, the more detail it's made with. So you can make an iron serpent sword, but it won't be as well crafted or shiny as the titanium.

But then again

Person 1 person shows a T dragon sword

Person 2 puts up money

Person 1 says hold

Person 1 then says ok

Person one puts up an I dragon sword

Person 2 puts up money and accepts

This is Diablo 2 style scam that uses people's quickness to react against them

thats why if one person change his part of the trade both people should have to hit ok again.

oh and i kinda like the letter in the corner idea :)

And they call me a dumbass...You exit out of the trade, and then you go in again and put the I in and the player just looks for a breif second and I looks just like T at a glance so they accept, DUH

then say so in the first place. i read the hold as the seller just stoping the buyer from hitting ok, not closeing the trade window compleatly. and then changeing the item right before the other the seller hits ok.

oh and seeing the diffrence of a T and a I inst that hard. it all depends on the font...

Ok, I don't know why we cant have more weapon and armor choices just because some people might try to rip others off.

Hey, I don't want people to get ripped off, and I would never cheat someone, though I know someone else might, and that is why people just have to be careful, and if you get ripped off, then tough titty. Go cry and report that person when the karma system gets implemented.

v. simple solution...

make them look different...

u cant not do something on the basis of a small minority of people if loads of peopel want to implement it, that just aint cricket!!!