Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frogimus

Teams

I know some similar suggestions have been made before, but they seemed to deal primarily with sharing exp.

My suggestion is to have a "team" feature where the initiator can add people to the team in a manner like the buddy list (i.e., #team_add playerX, playerX gets the invitation and decides to accept or reject invitation).

Health and mana bars of each teammate is shown on GUI (and possibly map coordinates?)

a chat channel is dedicated to that team for its duration (I know that channels are available, but they remain public, my suggestion is a closed channel)

Experience is allocated by the actions of the team exactly as if they were working individually - you make a hit, you get ATK xp - not share it with playerX, you cast remote heal, you get MAG xp.

Team is not persistent. You logoff or #leave_team, you're out of it until reinvited. Possibly have a feature where you die, you cannot rejoin team immediately.

This could promote team fighting against monsters or Red v Blue fights

Health and mana bars of each teammate is shown on GUI (and possibly map coordinates?)

This could tie in well with the mini-map (which may show guildies differently etc).

I like this idea. It is slightly different to a guild, in that its temporary and hence seeing others stats directly on your hub is practical (seeing all your guildies stats would be insane for the large guilds, and useless when not fighting together).