Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Her0

Sold/traded character

Hello yesterday i was looking to sell my character to someone (not because i am going to quit) i asked many people and got several offers however as i have had a problem with my paypal recently i decided to rather sell my character for gc and then sell the gc later to someone else. but something went wrong during this character trade - and I wonder what! I could not think of anything I have done to get my character banned unless its illegal to trade characters... which i do think is allowed as many others have done it.

So if I havent done anything wrong or if the ban was because of syni and for a reason i don't even know about making it his fault, should I get punished?

Shinobi (syni's new owner)

you sell characters at your own risk, its not allowed to sell your character in public, only in private i believe.

You know something...people always seem to conveniently forget some simple concepts in the art of character sharing and buying/selling characters:

1. Once that password is given out, you have no more claim. If that character rule breaks, it's locked, no matter how many "innocent" people shared it or bought it.

2. Even though character sharing technically is legal, it is NOT legal to use that status to illegally multiplay with it. It is not legal to "share" for the purpose of getting a different IP to transfer stuff around. It is not legal to "share" to get a middleman. For that matter, it is not a reason to excuse any rule breaches.

3. If you want to buy your stats in the form of another character, you better do your homework rather than looking for the too good to be true bargain. There is almost always a reason for it. I have NO sympathies for people who buy blatantly cheating characters then cry when it's locked. Both because the seller has no business benefitting even more from that illegally playing character by selling it on top of the cheating he already did, and because the buyer is doing so at his own risk. You want to not level yourself, you better be prepared to pay the price of taking the easy route. It's a gamble at best.

And at best, I am thinking this is a made up story to get the characters unlocked. I see no signs of any sale or trade, just more character sharing which all of the involved characters in this whole sorry saga did a LOT of.

I suggest you people actually sit down and read the rules. (And yes, you have to click on them ingame).

And Mr. Her0, next time you offer advice in bans, better read both the forum rules and ingame rules first. I cannot believe I saw you say this:

i thought your friend had the password to both characters so we could loggin to eachother without risking to get banned. was that your alt maybe?

Why would i share a high leveled character with a player i dont even know?

I did not break any rules with my character, and if i did I'm sorry...

Whats wrong with my quote? you dont want the truth?

The truth is that is HIGHLY illegal.

Also you were never on the syni character while apparently he was on shinobi quite a while, long enough to rack up quite some trade history with his mule. And since both chars were locked at the same time, I find your story a bit hard to swallow. And if your character was so great, why "trade" it for a different one?

Well then im really sorry. but i prefer telling the truth rather than telling a lie and carrying a higher risk of getting punished.

Sorry about that... i don't wanna lose $ because of a little mistake