Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mugwump

Damage from Heat

It occurred to me that we receive Cold Damage from certain areas if not wearing the correct clothing, but we can walk through the desert with full furs and remain fresh as a daisy. So, how about a similar attrition from extra heat areas where we suffer damage from wearing armor and fur etc. and must remove the protective garments leaving us more vulnerable to attack and making it more challenging to hunt.

The effects of Heat Damage could be similar to Cold Damage just under different conditions, and could affect any specific desert maps, map areas, underground lava/volcanic areas, and even taverns if some ever become "free-for-all" areas where we must check our armor/weapons at the door (goes to storage or cannot enter with.)

Naturally, being a full grown male, when I thought of this I imagined a necessary clothing option where for ultimate Heat Protection, players may remove their basic ensemble leaving speedos on the men and bikinis on the women when training in heat area arenas or PK'ing on certain maps. This feature would provide a good opportunity for Eternal Lands to reach Number One on the http://www.mpogd.com/ site!! (I voted today, did you?) Think it over, Roja :confused: !

You know... We do have areas with heat damage :D

But I do agree that maps like DP should have some sort of heat damage. And, apparently, if the devs set the map heat damage to zero, people wearing heavy armor with negative heat protection would lose health. And, imho, they would deserve this small penalty, because I do not think that people should walk around wearing swords and armor everywhere! :D