Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
agis29

Magic resistance

As far as i know from other games magic resistance protects you from negative spells. Its not the same like magic immunity, but there is a chance whenever you are trying to cast a spell, against someone, to see the message "resist".

So warlock cape provides u a small chance to resist to harm or mana drain?

As far as i know magic resistance protects you from mana burn from summoned creatures.(plz correct me if i am wrong)

Is there any player that is casting the magic protection spell while pking?I checked it on the test server and i didn't notice anything special.

Finally why is magic resistance usefull?(if it is)

1)To protect a player from SOM and Bears(mana burn)?

2)To protect someone from Js of cooling and tigers (coolidown)?

3) Is there any chance to protect you from negative spells(harm-mana drain-life drain etc)?

Edited by agis29

agis, i used magic protection few days to try it out, and i found out if you cast magic prot the dmg from negative spells lowers itself.

I tried:

Sanka => Harm => Tempest = 38

Sanka => Harm => Magic prot Temp = 22

Sanka => MD => Temp = 26

Sanka => MD => Magic Prot Temp = 14

EDIT: so i think thats what magic prot does, cuz with MI i never get mded/cooldowned by stuff.

Edited by Tempest

agis, i used magic protection few days to try it out, and i found out if you cast magic prot the dmg from negative spells lowers itself.

I tried:

Sanka => Harm => Tempest = 38

Sanka => Harm => Magic prot Temp = 22

Sanka => MD => Temp = 26

Sanka => MD => Magic Prot Temp = 14

EDIT: so i think thats what magic prot does, cuz with MI i never get mded/cooldowned by stuff.

Ty.Very interesting :)

Thanks for the stats, Tempest.

I actually ignore that spell as I can't think why I would use it if I can cast MI...

This makes me believe that there must be some other advantage to Magic Prot spell that I don't know about. Maybe it gives more XP, or lasts longer than 90s, or some similar benefit? However, I can't comment due to my newb magic level :icon13:

Thanks for the stats, Tempest.

I actually ignore that spell as I can't think why I would use it if I can cast MI...

This makes me believe that there must be some other advantage to Magic Prot spell that I don't know about. Maybe it gives more XP, or lasts longer than 90s, or some similar benefit? However, I can't comment due to my newb magic level :wub:

magic prot lasts VERY long, so if u cast MI + MP and ur mi runs out and u dont notice, u get at least drained a bit less.

MI = 90 seconds

MP = 120 seconds.

EDIT: and mp is like 10 mana to cast or so iirc, so not big loss of mana if u have short time brain and forget ur MI :icon13:

Edited by Tempest